Tuesday, August 18, 2015

A Refreshing Tuesday Rain

We are finally getting some rain this morning and we do need it. It's been terribly dry lately.  The trash people are here now picking up our trash and Missy is very skittish about it. They make a lot of noise.  She is not into noise. We came out about 7:00 to enjoy the morning. About thirty minutes ago it began to rain. We have been in and out ever since. She's not too sure about the rain but I love it. I set my chair here on the carport and enjoy the refreshing rain.  She is lying on the doormat right now even though I have brought her little white bath mat out here for her to use.  Now she has come over to look the situation over.

I did not sleep well last night. I awoke about 2:30 and went to the bathroom then could not get back to sleep. I finally did but then I dreamed strange dreams. Finally just before 5:00, I just got up and had my breakfast and coffee. It was late getting light because of the clouds so it was 7:00 before I got around to bringing Missy out here.

This is the day I get my hair done so I will need to watch my time.

I still haven't heard from the college. Maybe this week. They had a special board meeting Saturday at the library and Sarah filled a complaint/protest about the firing of Joy. Adrian would have but he didn't follow the proper procedures so they would not allow it. Marilyn told me Sarah cried afterward.   Many people are upset over Joy's firing. She has been there since 1986. I  have stayed out of it since I don't actually work for the library. I work for SER. ...at the library. I am still hoping to get moved to the college.  I don't like the atmosphere at the library now.

It's time for me to pick up Bob for our trip to Independence so I will continue this later this evening....

Following my hair appointment, we had a good lunch after killing some time walking around Wal Mart and Sayers Ace Hardware. We had our mini Big Cheese pizzas and managed to avoid getting wet in the rain. After lunch I took Bob home and then came home briefly to check on Missy and then go on to work. I had several basketfuls of DVDs to put  away and also the new fiction.  Then Adrian gave me a list of 35 books to search out for inter-library loan. I found about half of them. When I finished that, I had just enough time left to put away another batch of DVDs. Then I came home and ate my yogurt and drank my Chi Latte. Bob came in at 6:00 to watch TV with me until 7:00 PM.

No comments: