Saturday, August 22, 2015

Saturday and Springfield Trip

Leslie will be by shortly to pick me up for our trip.

I slept poorly last night. I guess I was trying not to oversleep and not be ready when Leslie comes by. I did get right back to sleep every time I woke up but finally at 4:00, I just got up.

I've had my cereal and coffee and cleaned up after Missy's litter box. Now I am watching the news.

I will not get back to this blog until this evening after we get home.

More later....

We got back to my house about 6:00. We had to leave a little early because Leslie was on call after 6:00.

The World Church of Community of Christ is planning to restructure our Mission Centers and eliminate a lot of paid positions. There will be only 6 Mission Center Support Areas in America to support the self sustaining presidents of the 6 Mission Centers. They will each have two staff members to make up a presidency for each of the 6 Mission Centers.  Each Mission Center Support Area will have an apostle with 2 support people assisting them.  The Mission Center president teams and financial officers will be appointed by the First Presidency and not elected.  This new model goes into effect on next January 1st. There is a meeting next weekend in Independence, Missouri to further iron out the details.

There will be also be five Mission Center Expansion Teams consisting of the Presidents of Seventy and Council of Twelve.  This model is for Leading Congregations in Mission.

1) New Expressions Team, 2) Compassionate Ministries, 3) Expanding Diversity 4) Disciple and Priesthood and  5) Congregational Revitalization Teams. We will know about these plans in the new Herald in September.

Lots of changes.

Anyhow we ate lunch at Chili's in Springfield.  Leslie bought my lunch.

It was really all pretty exhausting. All morning we heard about the new structure and this afternoon we brainstormed congregational needs.

I was happy to get home.  In an hour I will take my bath and stretch out in the recliner with Missy and try to find something on TV to watch.

No comments: