Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday and Back to Work

Well, it's back to work this afternoon. It will be a huge day with the DVDs. It's unbelievable what the library has become...primarily a free DVD lending institution. Yes, there are many books checked out too but nothing like the volume of  DVDs......many, many of them for children. There will be several hundred to be put away this afternoon and it will take me most of the afternoon to do it. Standing on my feet for four hours straight is beginning to take it's toll on my body and my legs and feet.  But I only have another year and a month.

I slept well last night...primarily because I took a Benedril tablet when I went to bed.  I was so wound up with having messed with the computers so long I knew it would be hard to put my mind to rest.

Today we will have goulash for lunch. Bob has some garlic bread that he will drop by before he goes to work. We will have a salad and a veggie too. And I have some more fruit for dessert.

Leslie is going to drop by before lunch to check over the brochure I printed off yesterday afternoon and see if it meets with her approval. I changed the wording a bit. If it's o.k., I will print off a dozen or so for us to leave on the foyer table at church. The brochure simply gives our history as a congregation and our mission as a congregation.

More later....

Leslie showed me how to find the brochure and send it by email to her. Darn kids! Smarter then I am by far! It took her ten minutes to find that brochure.

The goulash was good and we took some of it to Marilyn R. my neighbor. She appreciated it.

My afternoon was a catastrophe. I had five baskets full of DVDs to put away.....doubled stacked. It took me from 12:40 until 3:30 to just get them all in the baskets and the DVDs into the machines. Then the next hour and a half I filed them in the bookcases.Then I filed  and put away the new fiction before I left. I came home and sat in my chair and drank my Chai Latte and ate my yogurt. I am exhausted!

Bob just texted me he wasn't coming over. He must be tired too.

In the morning I will pick him up at  8:30 and we will go to Independence to get my hair done and he will visit his sister, Betty, and pick me up when I am finished at the shop. Then we will eat either at Great China.... if they are opened again.... or at Big Cheese. Great China closes for a month so they can go back to China for a month each year. It's a family tradition.

I will get my bath early and put on my Pjs and sit in the recliner with Missy in my lap. I hope I can stay awake this evening.

No comments: