Saturday, August 8, 2015

Another Saturday Morning

Bob and I went to breakfast this morning at 7:30 at Sirloin Stockade. Then I took him home and began working on getting stuff together for the church's rummage sale. That will be September 11th and 12th. It will take me several Saturdays to get my closets cleaned out and stuff boxed up that I no longer use or need. We have a storeroom at church where we are stacking this stuff. I will price mine as I take it out and put it on the tables. Everyone should price their own stuff.

I've been working on this for over an hour now and didn't realize how hard it is to make those decisions.

Then I got sidetracked and worked for awhile on my August 30th sermon.

I finally finished everything but my bedroom closet and the dining room closet.  I called Bob and we took our backpacks out to the church and I took the two boxes I collected of rummage. I will work on it again next weekend.

We then went over to Braums and I had a sundae and he had a chicken sandwich with fries and a drink about 2:30. Then I took him home.

I went over to the Country Time Antique Mall and walked around after that.  I saw Lynette from the courthouse there and we had a nice visit. Then I came home and visited with Marilyn, my neighbor, for awhile.

We had another noise disturbance in the neighborhood this afternoon. The neighbor across the street turned their truck radio on full blast and opened the doors. Once again my curio cabinet shook on the wall. Marilyn came out and looked over across the street too. I managed to get the police this time and the neighbors saw me go out and glare at them. That stopped it this time. The police said, the next time it happened, to call and they would go out and give them a warning for disturbing the peace and if that didn't stop it, they would give them a ticket.  I gave Marilyn the number the police gave me and she will call them if it happens while I am at work.

Bob did not come over this evening. He was probably as tired as I am. I watched a bit of TV after I took my bath and then Missy and I went to bed.

No comments: