Sunday, August 2, 2015

Sunday's Church Services

Today's services went well. Afterward we went out to least 8 of us did. We went to Sirloin Stockade. This afternoon, while it's 98 degrees, I won't finish my flowerbed even though I found the Miracle Grow at Wal Mart. I'll do that in the morning when it's cooler. I went out to Wal Mart to get school supplies for one of the children that lives near our church and whose parents are pretty poor. I can understand why. They have 5 children and the school supplies and back pack I bought today for just one of them ran $40.00 and I only bought the minimum. The list wanted enough school supplies for the entire school year and I certainly couldn't do that.

Anyhow, I worked on my letters after dinner and then went out to Wal Mart.

Bob will be over this evening to watch 60 Minutes. He didn't come last night. We were both exhausted after our trip to Bartlesville. What started out to be a $9.95 oil change turned into a tire rotation and two air filters to the tune of $126.00 ...and after that we bought our lunch. My IRA savings is going fast. I had to pay my car insurance and apartment furniture insurance this month  too. Life gets expensive. Luckily this Thursday is payday from SER. It's only a couple of hundred dollars but every little bit helps.

Aime is supposed to call the college tomorrow and see if they are ready to interview me. That will be interesting. Tomorrow after I put away the dozens of DVDs and put the cases on the shelf, I will probably search for more books that didn't make it into the system.

More later...

I finally got the new flowerbed enlarged. Now all I need is some more red mulch. I will get some tomorrow.

Here is a photo of it when I finally got the Miracle Grow in it and planted some of my hen and chicks. That's all that even has a chance in this heat.

While I was fixing this flowerbed, the neighbor across the street where Bob first lived after he sold his house, had a lot of very noisy friends over. They park their trucks and vehicles over there  with the radio blaring so loud it causes my curio cabinet that hangs on the living room wall to vibrate. I have walked out there in previous occasions when this has happened and stood looking across the street with my hands on my hips and they have turned it down. I did that this time and they ignored I went out and called the police department and left a message on their machines. This used to be such a nice quiet neighborhood.

Here is their gathering.
It is very disturbing. Even Merrill, the son of the former owner came out and stared at them. He saw me on the telephone.

Bob came and watched 60 Minutes and had a glass of wine and a couple of peanut butter cookies but then he played out and went home at 7:00. That's when I went out and finished the flowerbed.

Now I will take my bath and watch TV...if I can find anything worth watching.


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How people manage today with kids is beyond me...the price of food is about 10x what it was when my kids were growing up, let alone everything else. You are so sweet to have helped with the back to school supplies! :)

Margie's Musings said...

It's the least I can do. Our little church has a lot of service projects. Thanks for visiting, Deb.