Thursday, September 24, 2015

Thursday...The Big Day

Marilyn came into the library shortly before I left last evening and checked to be sure I was going to have breakfast with her. I had forgotten it was to be breakfast on Thursday. I assured her I would be there. I'm not in a huge hurry to get to Independence Missouri. Stoners will be at their church's garage sale so the house would be empty.


I didn't sleep much last night. Finally at 3:40, I just got up and packed and made up my face and dressed. Missy knows something is up when she sees me packing. After I got packed,  I printed off directions from Stoners home to the Stoney Creek Hotel. It looks like it will be pretty simple to find it after all. My main concern is the trolley tour I am to take Saturday afternoon. It's supposed to get back to the hotel at 5:00 and I hope to leave from there to drive back home. I hope it's not late. As it is, it will be 9:00 or so before I get home and some of that will be after dark. I will be in familiar territory by then though.

Bob dropped by to tell me he was going to attend his Lion's Club breakfast. he had almost forgotten about it. I told him I was going to meet Marilyn at 9:00 for breakfast and would not be leaving after that breakfast. I will probably leave after noon or thereabouts.

I hope all this works out.

Back later...probably on Sunday unless I find an available router.

I took this laptop with me and found that the e-mail wouldn't work here  so I'm posting on the blog to let my kids (and Bob A.) know I did arrive safely.