Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Tuesday and Hair Appointment

I slept better last night than I have in weeks. I feel very rested. Today Bob and I will go to Independence and I will get my hair washed and blown dry and Kathy gives it some fullness by using a curling iron.  I can't use a curling iron. I tend to burn my forehead. While we are in Independence we will go to their Wal Mart and do some grocery shopping. They have a superstore. Ours is not. I will need to buy print cartridges. I use a lot of ink when I do a newsletter every week and then I did quite a bit of printing before I left for the conference.  I always print off my sermons too. Anyhow, I have already had a warning that I am low on ink.

After that, we will eat at Big Cheese. We have decided to do that each Tuesday and then alternate between Great China and Big Cheese for lunch.  Coffeyville doesn't have either. 

It's 6:00 now and Missy is lying here beside my chair waiting to go outside. I always have to tell her "not until it gets light". I haven't seen that stray cat for a couple of weeks but I don't want to take any chances. I always go out first and get down and check under the cars before I let her out. And I always go out with her and keep her nearby.  It will be 7:00 before it is light.

Yesterday was a nightmare at work. They had emptied several baskets of DVDs and put them in the machines but none had been filed in the bookcases.  So it took me from 12:40, (I went in early) until 3:30 to get all of them put away and filed. Those DVDs bookcases were half empty. I was really tired when I got home.  I had a cup of Chi Latte but didn't eat anything before bedtime.  After Bob left at 7:00, I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner until 9:00 and then I went to bed.

Yesterday I noticed a woman out east of my apartment taking a photo of my flowerbed out there. I thought that was kind of strange. Then last evening while Bob was here, she was out there again, taking more photos. Strange...I wonder what that was all about? This is what it looked like earlier in July.  I will get a new photo when it gets light and you will be amazed at how full it is now. And I seldom water it since its on the east side of my apartment and I seldom go out there since I am working. I usually sit out under the carport in the front.

This is that same flowerbed this morning. That's what the woman photographed yesterday. It's bit fuller alright.


The nephew of our landlady is supposed to mow this evening. I hope he gets it done since it's been three weeks.  The yard usually looks bad even after he mows since he only mows every two weeks and then when he does mow, he make tracks in the grass and leaves the clippings on the lawn in piles. But at least it gets mowed. This may be the last time he will mow. Next will be the fight to get tons of leaves bagged and off the lawn. I may have to do it myself. I did that year before last. The problem is if I do it in the mornings before work, I am already tired when I go to work.

This woman has a ton of rental property in a trust for a mentally disabled young man whose parents died. So she doesn't want to do much upkeep.  She has way too many properties to manage for him. Some of her tenants are not good renters and cause enormous problems. I have encouraged her to appreciate that Jeannie and Marilyn and I do take good care of her property and our apartments are always neat.  She raised the rent on the young couple that are living in the apartment where Bob used to live. She raised it to $500, which is what Marilyn and I pay for the larger apartments.  Now I fear she will raise our rent next. I am stretched as it is so I am going to look around for another apartment with a carport...just in case.

More later...

Bob and I went to Wal Mart  and bought some groceries after we left the beauty shop where I got my hair done. Then we went to True Value and then Sears and finally to Ace Hardware where we found what we were looking for.  We bought a garbage disposal for Marilyn. Bobby will install it Saturday morning.

Now I am ready to go to work. When we went up 10th street road to go to Independence this morning, we learned that we had to take a detour on a country road. When we came home we took a county road that was paved.  They are doing some work on 10th street road.

More later...got to go to work.

Work was grueling, as usual. I got quite a bit done. Not only did I put away tons of DVDs but I also bound up many newspapers..getting them ready for Adrian to take to the vets. The vet can use them.

When I got home I went to have my car washed. The yard was being mowed at the time.

Bob was not feeling well so he did not come over. I watched some TV with Missy in my lap and we went to bed at 8:30.  


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I think she took the picture because your flower garden is so beautiful.

Margie's Musings said...

It's certainly full...Sister-Three, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

I am imagine she likes your flower bed as much as I do that's why she takes pictures