Friday, October 2, 2015

Friday At Last

I am always so glad to see Friday. I only work two hours on Fridays anymore. I work from 1:00 until 3:00.

I slept well last night and got up about 4:45. I never did get out to church to clean those benches yesterday. I will go out as soon as it gets light this morning. I also will go to our Wal Mart. Tenth Street, the county road, is detoured to graveled roads until spring. And I need some groceries.

We intend to go to "Just Us" in Cherryvale for lunch today. It's been two weeks since we were there.

I'm not sure what I will do for lunch on Saturday. Bobby will be over at Marilyn's apartment installing her garbage disposal. I may cook again. I have some pork I could do in the oven. It's chilly here now so the oven would feel good.

The president calls for gun laws in America similar to those of Australia. That's just common sense.  From Wikipedia:

Gun laws in Australia became a political issue in the 1980s. Low levels of violent crime through much of the 20th century kept levels of public concern about firearms low. In the last two decades of the century, following several high profile multiple murders and a media campaign, the Australian government coordinated more restrictive firearms legislation with all state governments.

A common misconception is that firearms are illegal in Australia and that no individual may possess them. Although it is true that Australia has restrictive firearms laws, rifles and shotguns (both of which include semi-automatics), as well as handguns, are all legal within a narrow set of criteria.

As of 2015 about 815,000 people had a gun license in Australia and there was around 3.5 to 5.5 million Registered Firearms in Australia. Most people own and use firearms for purposes such as hunting, controlling feral animals, collecting, security work, and target shooting.

More later...

I went out to church this morning and cleaned the pew that had stains on it. I also changed the sign back to the time of church school and the worship service.  Then I borrowed the church's vacuum cleaner. Mine is in the shop. I will take it back out there Sunday. Hopefully, by the time I need mine, it will be repaired. It's only the power drive belt that slipped off.  The sweeper is only 28 years old. I don't know why it's having problems now. :)

I finished the sweeping with the church's sweeper before Bob came to pick me up for our trip to Cherryvale and lunch at  "Just Us".  Lunch was very good and then Bob dropped me off at work. I worked until 3:00 and then Bob came to pick me up. He finished his laundry after he got me home and then at 5:00 he left to go get the First Baptist Church ready for the pancake feed in the morning. This is in conjunction with Dalton Defenders Days which are going on now in Coffeyville.

I just had my yogurt and that will do for dinner. I had plenty of lunch.

Keith just called and chatted with me awhile. He is such a good son. I also texted Scott and Ginger to see if this hurricane was going to be a problem for them. They said "no".   That's good. I was concerned about that.


2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Unfortunately no one in America has common sense about gun laws :(

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth!