Friday, October 9, 2015

Friday and My Last Short Day at Work

I made the decision last evening to give up my job if Aime can't find me another location.  It's just too hard to do the work they want me to do at the library. Standing on my feet all afternoon pulling apart those DVD cases and then putting the cases in bookcases that require me to sit on the floor or kneel on my knees. I just can't do that anymore. Getting down is not that hard but getting back up is really a strain.  Then day before yesterday Katie had me take apart the old card catalog and pack all those old catalog cards in boxes and then lift those boxes onto shelves. The boxes were about two and a half feet long by 18 inches wide by eight inches deep. I am afraid I am going to hurt my back. I got six large boxes finished before I told her there was no more room to put them.  It's not worth ruining my health.

I will just have to be very careful with my money since I will be making my car payment out of my social security instead.

I have a 9:00 dental appointment this morning.  It's for a cleaning. I also have a chip off my porcelain crown but I used an emery board to smooth it off and it is no longer rough.

Today we will have pork cutlets, mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie for lunch. Bob still has jello salad in the frig and I have those cupcakes for dessert.   After I get off work at 3:00, I will make a trip to Independence to take those chocolates and a card to Juanita. She will be 94 on Sunday.

More later....


3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope you can make it financially without that job. I think you have made the correct decision.

Margie's Musings said...

I do too. I am so tried of working this awful job.

clairz said...

What relief you must feel to have made this decision!