Saturday, October 10, 2015

Saturday and Breakfast

 I slept very well last night. I got up about 5:30.

Bob and I decided to take our Saturday morning breakfast back to Eggbert's where we could get a light breakfast. That was a mistake! The refinery's turnaround is going on until Thanksgiving and there were dozens of men there working the turnaround. The restaurant was full and we like to never got served.  The specials were off for the weekend too so we ended up spending as much for breakfast as we would have at Sirloin Stockade and the choices were limited. It took thirty minutes for us to get our breakfast and it wasn't all that great.

Now we will have his family luncheon at Sirloin Stockade at 11:30 and in all probability I won't even be hungry.

I heard from Aime this morning and she will will contact Katy Thursday morning about my leaving the program. Wednesday will be my last day. I hope I have made the right decision.

Scott's wife, Ginger, has offered to come to Kansas to help John and Leslie deal with John's foot recovery. She is an RN. She has a week off and Scott has to work so she has offered to fly back from Georgia and do whatever needs to be done about helping with John's recovery. I don't know how that decision came out. Leslie and John were going to discuss it and make a decision about whether she will be needed or not. John and Leslie seem to have the routine down pat. Leslie is off until Wednesday at 4:00 and she will drive John's truck for his business to deliver liquid feed to cattle and he will be a passenger in the truck. This accident happened to his right foot so he cannot drive. But I imagine he can manage the rest. Ginger is a dear to want to help them out.  Scott is very lucky to have found such a fine woman.

More later....

I went with Bob A. to lunch with his family. We had a light lunch after a larger then usual breakfast.

This is some of his family members.  That's Bob with his arm in the air. His granddaughter, Dee is sitting on his left and his daughter, Denise, on her left. He is pointing to his niece, Jeannette.


You can just see his older sister, Betty, with the snow white hair.  She will be 92 next month. The rest are nieces and nephews and I don't know all their names yet.

I came home about 2:00 and have been trying to get Firefox to work on my old XP computer ever since. I think I have it fixed now but will have to go and try it. Keith, my oldest son, sent me a fix.

It worked! Thank you, son!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is a Nurse Anesthetist. They specialize in the administration of anesthesia. A CRNA (Ginger) is one who has acquired a graduate level education and board certification in anesthesia. She is a registered nurse and then some..In short, she can do everything a doctor can do without the title. She will return for her Doctorate in a year or two.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I know. I assume she is not coming. I can't get Leslie to answer me.

Galla Creek said...

My Erin is an RN. Even that title is a hard one!
Bill Clinton's mother was a nurse anesthetist! I want a good one
If I am being 'put under'!! Can tell Scott is proud of ginger. Also,
Ginger offering to come give assistance was show of her commitment
To Scott's family!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It always helps to have a techie in the family :)

Margie's Musings said...

Isn't that the truth!