Monday, December 28, 2015

Monday and Rain, Rain and Perhaps Snow.

I slept in awhile this morning. It was cold in the house.  When I did get up, I decided to wear a sweater. It is supposed to snow today too. Right now it is still raining and we are under flood warnings.

I will probably just stay home today. I don't like cold weather. I hope the roads will be passable tomorrow for my hair appointment in Independence.  If not, I will wash it myself. It is warm here in the apartment. And I have had a cup of coffee and oatmeal and orange juice for my breakfast.

I took Missy out briefly when I swept the leaves off the carport. She did not like the cold and the cold wind. She stayed out less than ten minutes.  Now she seems content to just stay in here and huddle on the floor.

We will have chicken tenders, mashed potatoes and gravy, salad and a veggie for lunch/dinner. I still have two pieces of pecan pie for our dessert.

More later....

It is sleeting now and very slick out. This is the time of year when I am happy to be here with a carport over my car. Bob texted me awhile ago and his car is covered with ice. I will probably go pick him up for lunch/dinner. He lives only four blocks away but with his heart condition, he has no business out there scraping ice off his windshield.

More even later...

I went to get Bob while the chicken was cooking and it was snowing right down then. We had our lunch and then I took him home. He wanted to check his mail and also see if his Blue Cross/Blue Shield had come out yet. He will also take a nap, I imagine.

I just stepped outside and took a photo of the snow. This is looking out my back door toward the neighbor to the east. You can see my bird bath and flowerbed. Luckily, while it was warm last week, I pulled up all the flowers...what was left of them after a couple of freezes and put them in the trash barrel. I watched a video Karan loaned to me last month. The snow gave me an opportunity to stay home and watch it. It was very funny. I think it was called "My Mom's New Boyfriend." It was very funny and entertaining.  Bob dropped over to see the last of it. He did not stay because the weather is so uncertain.  Now I am watching the news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy catching up on your news.."like Sands Though The Hour Glass, So Are The Days Of Our Lives" 😀 Soap qoute.

Margie's Musings said...

Oh yes! I try to keep you kids informed about what I am doing with my life. Thanks for reading!