Thursday, December 31, 2015

Thursday and the Breakfast Club

This is the morning when some of us meet at Eggberts for breakfast. The past two breakfasts I attended, my food was cold. Today I will tell the waitress and ask her to be sure my food is hot..or I will not be coming anymore. I can't see paying for cold food...especially breakfast.

I slept like a log last night. I stayed in bed until 5:30 this morning too. I have fed Missy and given her fresh water. I also had a cup of Chia. I will have my coffee at the restaurant.

This is the revised pie chart provided by politifact which includes social security. My contention is social security is self funded. Those of us who worked all our lives, paid into it and funded our retirement. If the past governments had not dipped into it continually to pay for other programs including the Vietnam war, there would be plenty of money in the fund. And think of all the benefits that are not being paid because the supposed recipients are deceased.

There has never been any change in the way the Social Security program is financed or the way that Social Security payroll taxes are used by the federal government. This question comes from a confusion about the way the Social Security Trust Fund is treated in federal budget accounting.

Starting in 1969 (due to action by the Johnson Administration in 1968) the transactions to the Trust Fund were included in what is known as the "unified budget." This is sometimes described by saying that the Social Security Trust Funds are "on-budget." This budget treatment of the Social Security Trust Fund continued until 1990 when the Trust Funds were again taken "off-budget." But whether the Trust Funds are "on-budget" or "off-budget" is primarily a question of accounting practices--it has no effect on the actual operations of the Trust Fund itself.




 This different pie chart can be found on politifact.com.

I also have something to say about the charges against Bill Cosby.  I don't justify his actions by any means but I also say the women did not need to go to his private home/room and subject themselves to the chance for abuse. They knew they were at risk when they took the pills he gave them and then drank wine. Give me a break! All women can use their own common sense about putting themselves at risk with a stranger...regardless of how famous that person is.

More later....

The breakfast was cold again and this time I told the waitress about it. She took it back to the kitchen and had it warmed up.

I went out to Walmart afterward and bought $40.00 something worth of groceries.   Then  I came home and warmed up the cornbread and beans.  Bob came over and we ate those and the other french vanilla pudding and the last two cookies.  I need to bake cookies again.

More even later....

I read all afternoon and then later on Bob came by  to watch the news. He left at 7:00. He is fighting a bad cold.

 I took my bath and watched TV for awhile before going on to bed.

2 comments:

Betty said...

I agree with you about Bill Cosby. The women certainly say something about themselves that they have hung onto this for so many years, and now there is really no proof to be found. They are satisfying their needs for revenge, so I hope they will be satisfied when they see how little they will gain. I don't excuse Cosby, either. It just seems kind of silly that those women claim to be innocent victims. I remember that era and many people didn't have to tricked into taking Quaaludes, pot, LSD or any other drug, particularly the Showbiz crowd. Oh, well.

Happy New Year, Margie. I hope 2016 will be a great year for you.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Betty. I agree we all need to take responsibility for our own decisions. Those women see dollar signs all over the place. No one forced them to go to his place alone. They should have known better.