Thursday, December 3, 2015

Thursday and Breakfast with the Girls

I slept very well last night. I had a terrific 80th birthday yesterday.

Both Keith and Leslie called yesterday and Scott, who was swamped at work yesterday, texted me this morning.  His wife, Ginger, called me though. Leslie sent me flowers (bulbs) and this is the day I am to change the water and add the second packet of feed that came with them. I will take another photo of them to post when they finally completely open.  My grandson, Jerod, texted me at bedtime, Cyndi, Leslie's best friend, texted me. The senior citizen group sang "Happy Birthday" to me at game day. Marilyn R took both Bob and me to lunch. Bob brought me a nice birthday card. Then I had many friends who gave me a "Happy Birthday" on Facebook.

These are the flowers as seen after I changed the water and trimmed them again.

That was the best one but there are three more sides to that vase.

This is the east side of the vase. There are still two more photos.

This is the north side and the last one will be the west side.

Notice the water drops on my tablecloth. They are dry now.

Today I will meet the girls for breakfast..plus Bobby. Bobby got sick at exercise class yesterday. Karan got him to the restroom in time and then took him home.  Bob came over to tell me about it and I called Karan to offer help. She had given him a pill that alleviated his nausea and he was lying down and taking a nap.

She called this morning and they will meet with us for the breakfast this morning. I will take Bobby home and stay with him while she gets her hair cut.  She is going to have to get some more of those pills. She only has one left.  He may get nauseated again along his journey.

I heard from my friend, Gay, at last. She and Tony are taking care of her 96 year old mother who has moved in with them. The mother has developed some dementia and Gay is in need of some "girl" time with me so I will ask Bob to go with me to Chanute on the 19th for a fish dinner with them.

My friend, Myra, also contacted me on my birthday. She and I will have lunch in Bartlesville on Friday the 11th.  I have some great friends and they never seem to forget me. She and her late husband, Bob, were good friends of ours when we lived in Bartlesville before 1969. We have stayed in touch all these years.  Before they were even married, we used to take her husband camping with us.

More later...

Well, the girls and I (and Bobby) had breakfast together at Eggbert's this morning. I wasn't impressed. My food was cold. But I took Bobby home afterwards and stayed with him until Karan got her hair cut. Then I came home and fixed my spaghetti and garlic toast and broccoli.  We had Bob's jello salad for dessert with cookies.

Then I took Marilyn R some of it and she asked me to stay and help her open her new laptop computer. She had tried to open the hinge area. She had always had a desktop computer.  I couldn't get her laptop to recognize her modem or router and really didn't know how to help her with it.  It needs to be configured with both the modem and router. We put the security code in for the router but I don't recall how to get the modem to be recognized. Right now both are coming through her desktop computer which is in the process of dying.  So she will call her daughter-in-law this evening and get her to walk her through the process. Somehow I got Bob's notebook configured but it kind of did it itself. This one did not recognize the modem...let alone the router. 


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Flowers are beautiful!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, they are. Thanks for visiting my Blog.