Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Tuesday and Another Cake Day

I slept well last night and got up at my usual 5:00 AM. Oddly, Blue Cross/Blue Shield  has not yet taken my supplement premium out of my account. They were supposed to have done that on the 28th. They haven't taken Bob's out either. He checked yesterday and I checked again this morning. I hope we're still covered.

I have loaded the cakes into my trunk so I am ready to go at 8:15 and pick up Bob. We will go to get my hair done first and then deliver the cakes. I am going to take Sunflower Road since the detour will be a mess with all this rain. That will take more time but still I will get there on time. I may even get there in time to deliver the cakes first. After that, and I get my hair done, we will go out to John and Leslie's to get ground meat. I am completely out. Then we will stop at Great China and have lunch.  I will put the meat in the trunk and it will not melt!

I may work on my Christmas cards again this afternoon after I go to play games at the senior center. I hope to get them all ready to go and then mail them off a little at a time. I used half my stamps doing that yesterday.

Tomorrow, for my birthday, Marilyn R wants to take us over to Cherryvale to "Just Us" for lunch. I heard from Karan yesterday that she enjoyed our church service Sunday. Perhaps she will come back. We have our Christmas service next Sunday and a Christmas dinner afterward. We are to take a dish to go with Melissa's ham.

Missy has decided  that if I won't let her lie in my chair or Bob's chair, she will just climb up on the sofa and lie there. Go figure!

More later....

When I got home from Independence, the florist delivered this box that contained beautiful bulbs from John and Leslie for my birthday tomorrow.

Here are the flowers! They even came with their own vase. They will open later and the box included the food to feed them until they do open. I was to cut an inch off the stems and put them in fresh water and add the food to the vase. Then the third day, I am to change the water and add the other packet of food. I am excited about how they will look when opened. There was a card with them too. It read: Happy birthday for your 80th birthday. You're the greatest. Enjoy the flowers and your special day. Love you. Leslie and John too.

Isn't that neat?

And I finally did it! The weather was just nice enough for me to go out to the east flowerbed and pull up those flowers that had frozen out. The only thing left is the Dusty Miller  And when it finally gives up the ghost, I will pull it out too. I took a photo of the mess I left but I hesitate to put it here. :)

Marilyn brought me some of Darlene's cake  and some scrumptious salad. I had some of the salad for supper and will have some of the cake when and if Bob comes over this evening. Tomorrow Marilyn R wants to take us to "Just Us" for a meal out at noon.  That is so sweet of her!

Bob came over and stayed until 7:00 and then I took my bath and watched some TV with Missy before I went on to bed about 9:30.

5 comments:

marlu said...

Lovely gift! Happy Birthday, tomorrow.

Galla Creek said...

Happy Birthday, Margie. For your 80th year, my wish for you is many nights of good rest. You are a special lady!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you both! The two of you are faithful blog friends.

Betty said...

Happy Birthday, Margie. And, many more. Enjoy your day!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, girls. I appreciate the thoughts!