Monday, March 7, 2016

Monday and Exercises Again

Today I have stripped my bed and am washing the sheets. They are in the dryer now.

I slept well last night. My backache went away so I feel good. I have had my breakfast and am now drinking my Chai.  I wasn't sure I was going to exercise class today. It sure cuts into my house cleaning day. I never did get finished last Monday and the rest of the week was so busy, I just never did get the dining room and half of the living room vacuumed. I can't vacuum too early because Jeannie, whose apartment backs up to mine in the fourplex, sleeps much later than I do. When I get home from exercises, it's nearly time to start lunch. I will see how much I can get done after I finish the morning part of the blog.

Bob went home last night and forgot to take his piece of the coffeecake. I have put it in a baggie and will take it to him when I go to exercises.

For lunch today, we will have chicken fried steaks, mashed potatoes and gravy and a veggie. Bob will bring his mandarin orange salad. I have fruit and cookies for dessert.

 I will start my cleaning this morning by doing the bathroom and kitchen floors. I can get that done before exercises. Then, when I get home, I will remake my bed and start the vacuuming. I will start with the part I didn't get to last week.  I will dust after that..perhaps this afternoon. Tomorrow we take cakes to Independence and I will get my color and haircut after that. Then we will go out to Great China for lunch.

I am still looking for  box large enough to pack the CPU in to send to my son, Keith. He will reformat the hard drive and install Windows 10 on it. Finding a box anymore is difficult because everyone anymore breaks them down and recycles them.  Luckily, I still have Esther's old HP laptop and my really old 2007 Dell laptop so I am not without internet and only miss everything I had in My Documents. I have quite a bit backed up but I don't quite know how to access it from that exterior drive Keith gave me.  I have quite a bit saved on the two laptops. If something was really important I sent it to myself and saved it on one of the other computers too.

More later...I'd better get busy!...

I got my cleaning finished and my bed stripped and bedding washed and dried and back on the bed, I also vacuumed everything except the hall and the bedrooms.

I picked up Bob for exercises and then took him by the bank to try to get his password reset. He had to do it at my place online. So we messed with that for awhile. Then I fixed dinner. It was real good. This afternoon I will pick up Marilyn to house hunt for Howard and Judy. Then at 5:00 I will go look at that apartment on 8th and Cline. It probably isn't anything I would want.. but for $100 less a month, I am going to look at it.

When I get home I will finish my vacuuming and bake my cake for tomorrow.

More later...

Well I didn't get either done this afternoon. I went house hunting with Marilyn instead.  The house is for Howard and Judy. They want something "move in" ready.  I don't think there is such a thing anymore.  When I put mine on the market, I spiffed it up so that it shined.  It sold in two weeks and three days. It shined!

We saw three that were large enough for Howard and Judy's needs. The first one was the best bet but it was on an acre of ground. Howard wants to mow himself and not hire it done. He would have to have a riding mower to do that yard. The house was pretty nice and it had a lovely kitchen and dining area but the outside, the yard, needed some help. It also had a formal dining room. It was three bedrooms and two and a half baths.

The second one had an enormous family room..much too large for their needs and five bedrooms and three baths....more then they need.  There are only two of them.  The third one was not open so we were only able to walk around the yards. But it had ten acres so we ruled that out. We will continue looking.
This is the latest photo of my daughter-in-law and son's new house in the process of being built.

 


Here's another.



and a third.

 

This is my daughter-in-law looking out the window.

No comments: