Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Wednesday Exercises and Bingo

This will be  a busy day.  I will first go to exercise class then on to Lenten Luncheon at the First baptist church and the after that, on to Bingo at the senior center.  It will be over at 3:00. I enjoy the fellowship...and the prizes. I have won two oven gloves and two dish towels in the past.

I slept well last night. I finally got up at 5:00 AM, my usual time.  I make my bed, dress, make up my face and check the e-mail.  All of this before I come in to give Missy her treats and fill her bowl with food. Then I eat my oatmeal and drink my coffee and my Chai Latte. Finally I sit down in the recliner and finish the crossword puzzle in the newspaper.  This is my regular morning routine.

As you may have noticed, I have a regular morning routine and a regular evening routine.  I am pretty structured. :)

When it gets light outside, I will take Missy out for awhile if she still wants to go. Right now she is happy lying up in the recliner. She spent quite a bit of time outside yesterday even though it rained. We sit on the carport where we have shelter. This summer on nice days, we may sit out on the east side where I have a patio and flowerbeds.  I gave away my old patio chairs last fall to one of the neighbors who later moved away.  I had to keep them covered because of the weather and seldom used them after I moved here. I bought some at the dollar store after I moved here and they are just easily wiped off.  They are much easier to care for.

I have raked and bagged leaves several days this past week and have the leaf situation under control again for now.  Sometime Sunday or Monday this next week, I will take the ones out of my flowerbed...again.  I have done that three times but there are so many trees in this neighborhood that it's a constant job until spring.

Sometime after the end of April I will buy my flowers and plant my flowerbeds and the planters that sit in front of my apartment.  Then I will take some photos to put here on the blog.

I have a plant flowering right now. I don't know what it is. It is a plant one of my neighbors brought me over on Catalina after Bob died. It became root bound and never bloomed. Cyndi gave me some large flowerpots and I re-potted both my plants.  Leslie gave me a Christmas cactus a couple of years ago and I re-potted it too. Now both are thriving.

I will take a photo of the plant I am not familiar with and maybe some of my blog readers can identify it for me.

Here it is....

Now, does anyone know what this is?

I was reading one of the blogs I follow and she had traced her ancestry quite a ways back. My aunt Flossie and cousin Sue traced my dad's back to the 1600's in England but I know very little about my mom's side of the family except that my great great grandmother was a Cherokee Indian who married an English man and they were rejected by both cultures. I would like to trace that side of the family but I imagine it's quite expensive.

More later...

I went out to Walmart and bought the little dab of groceries I couldn't get at the Dollar General store yesterday afternoon.  I also went out to Woodshed and bought gas at $172.9 per gallon.   It took $17.00 to fill up my car.

The dinner at the First Baptist Church was good at noon and the bingo afterward at the senior center was fun. I won three times. Then I came home and worked on the crossword puzzle after I read the newspaper.  In a little while I will make myself a cup of Chai Latte and probably have a cookie. In about an hour Missy will want her treats.  She is so spoiled. She wants to go outside but it's a little chilly out there and I never let her out by herself.

Bob came over to watch the news and some old Big Bang Theory programs. He left at 7:00 and Missy and I followed our regular routine.

2 comments:

Joan (Nana) said...

Peace lily is the plant. I enjoy reading your blog.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Joan. That's what my brother-in-law thought too.