Monday, August 22, 2016

Monday and Exercises

I don't know whether I will go to exercise class this morning or not. My right rotater cuff hurt most of the night even though I took two Aleve at bedtime.  I don't know what more I can do. I believe it was the exercises that caused it this time.

I got up about 4:45 and got ready for the day.  I slept pretty well even though I awoke from time to time with the pain. Another thing that disturbed my sleep was trying to find room to sleep. I left the pillows piled on the west side of the bed and then Missy decided to sleep just east of them. That left very little room for me.

Karan is having the three of us over for lunch today. Her neighbor, Irene, was coming home from the hospital today after having a couple of stints put in her heart. She asked Karan to cook for her for a couple of weeks. Karan bought some groceries and arranged to do that and then the niece called to tell her that Irene was not able to keep any food down and so would not be coming home after all.  So Karan had cooked some food and needed someone to feed it to. She invited Marilyn R., Bob and me to come for lunch. I will have my ham and potato casserole on Wednesday.

Tomorrow I have my hair appointment and after that will go over to Juanita's to balance her checkbook.  Then I will pick up Bob at his sister, Betty's, and we will go to eat lunch at Big Cheese.  It will be a busy week. Wednesday afternoon is also game day at the senior center.

More later...

I did go to exercise class after all. There were only 14 of us there. There are usually 20 or 22. I don't know where everyone was.  

We had a very good lunch at Karan's today and she sent some of it home for Bob and me on Thursday too.  She also sent both of us watermelon.  It was delicious! It was a chicken and rice casserole.  She served homemade potato soup too. We had some of the watermelon for dessert.

I took some to Marilyn R. She had had a turn for the worse last night and wasn't up to going to Karan's. She has an ear infection. She will be going back to Urgent Care sometime this afternoon.

More even later...

Marilyn and I went back to Urgent Care at 2:00 and waited until 3:15 for her to get in to see the nurse practitioner.  Her ear infection has not yet cleared up. It takes three or four days for the antibiotic to work it's magic. At least that's what she was told.

I read the rest of the afternoon and Bob came in at 5:15 to watch the news. He told me his cake was cooling before he could ice it. That reminded me to bake mine. After he left I got mine in the oven and later...just before bedtime, I got it iced.  I texted Karan about hers. She had also forgotten it. She was getting it ready to go into the oven when she texted me back about it. She will bring it over in the morning.

We will be one short anyhow. Phyllis has a hurt foot and the doctor told her to stay off of it so we will not have hers. I have to stop at the church and pick up Sue's. She left it in the freezer there on Sunday.

It's 9:00 and my bedtime.  So goodnight all!


Sister--Three said...

At one time there were 5 sisters! Now, just fleta, me
And Helen !

Margie's Musings said...

I see. That's sad. But thank goodness you still have one another.