Saturday, August 27, 2016

Saturday and Breakfast Out

I did something stupid this morning.  I ate a bowl of cereal, forgetting that we always eat breakfast out on Saturday. So I had a short stack out at Eggberts and am really full now.

Bob and I dropped by the old house that Cyndi sold to pick up the white cast iron sink she had them save for me. They had finally got the kitchen redone. They were still in bed at 8:00 when we dropped by to pick it up. When I got home, I texted Cyndi and she texted the owner of the house and they set it outside the gate for us to pick up. I picked Bob up again and we went back to town to load it into my car trunk. That thing was HEAVY!  We will have to leave it in the trunk for the plumber to bring in. It will take two of them to do it.

When I got home this time, I took Missy back out for a little while but she was not content out there and wanted to come back in. Then I went out back and pulled up all the petunias from the flowerbed my son-in-law had built for me. They were very leggy and looked ugly. I saw Maureen out on her patio and walked up for a visit. I stayed an hour. Now I am trying to catch up on everything. I need to get that plastic bag out of the trash container and get it into the trash that the trash people will pick up on Tuesday. That may be a job in itself.

More later...


I just finished reading a biography about Alexander Hamilton and I find that politics were just as toxic in his day. Jefferson was one of the worst. Hamilton was just as bad...he constantly wrote letters for the newspapers castigating anyone with different viewpoints from his. However, Hamilton was very instrumental in establishing the Republic....our Democracy.

Bob came over at 5:00 to watch the news. He left at 6:00 since there was absolutely nothing on TV that either of us was interested in watching. I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched the weather channel until 8:30 when I just went on to bed.   

No comments: