Tuesday, August 23, 2016

Tuesday and Cake Day

In a couple of hours, I will leave to pick up Bob and his cake and go to Independence to deliver them. Karan will undoubtedly have hers over here by then too. I have mine and will stop at the church to retrieve Sue's.  She left hers in the freezer at church on Sunday. Phyllis does not have  a cake this week. She is suffering from a terribly sore foot. They think it is arthritis. She is to stay off it.

I slept well last night despite the ache in my right shoulder. I did not take any more Aleve.  I hate to take medicine even that medicine I need to take...like my blood pressure meds and my thyroid med. Blood pressure medicine is hard on the kidneys and liver.

Missy and I have both had our breakfasts and she is after me to take her outside. I am waiting for daylight. It should be light in about ten minutes. I don't like to take her out in the dark. There are too many stray cats in this neighborhood and she is too old to fight anymore.

After I get to Independence, I will drop the cakes off at the church and drop Bob off at Betty's for his visit. Then I will get my hair done and after that I will go to Juanita's and balance her checkbook. Finally I will  pick up Bob and we will go to Big Cheese for lunch. At that point, we may run into some rain.

More later....

My hair appointment was at 8:30 instead of my usual 9:00 and I was late but Cathy still worked me in. I was lucky. After that I went to Juanita's and balanced her checkbook and reconciled her bank statement. Then I picked up Bob for lunch at Big Cheese.  I took him home after that and came home and went to the market. I got some more ham for our ham and potato casserole tomorrow.  I also bought some strawberries and shortcake. While at Walmart, I bought some more cake mixes too.

I came home and got the ham sliced for tomorrow's casserole and prepared the strawberries for dessert. I called Karan and invited her for lunch too.

I read the rest of the afternoon. Bob came over shortly after 5:00 and we watched the news.  After that and one episode of re-runs of "Big Bang Theory", he went home and I finished working my crossword puzzle.  

I'll take the newspaper over to Marilyn's and then take my bath and get myself ready for bed. I won't actually go to bed until 9:00 though....or I would be up way too early tomorrow.

No comments: