Saturday, August 13, 2016

Saturday and Breakfast Out

Bob and I will eat our breakfast out this morning as usual. In a little while, I will feed Missy, who has been very patient about it thus far.  I have made my bed and dressed. If I go into the living room, she will start wanting to go outside and it's still dark. So until it gets light, I may just stay in the den and use this desktop computer.

I will try to get the dusting done today and perhaps even make up the goulash for tomorrow's church basket dinner. I can always warm it up again at church. I will bake my coffee cake in the morning too for the church school class.  I am presiding for our guest minister, who is from Pittsburg, Kansas.

I was really exhausted yesterday evening. In fact, while trying to walk the mall there in Joplin, I was exhausted then too. I didn't attend exercise class yesterday because the rotator cuff in my shoulder was aching. I washed my hair in the shower before bedtime. It looked pitiful.  Ah, the joys of old age!

More later...

We did go to Eggberts for breakfast and it was a good one. Afterward I went to Walmart and bought some groceries and then to Woodshed to buy a tank of gas. Gas was up ten cents a gallon...why I don't know.  Gasoline is another racket like prescription drugs. It's not the pharmacy, it's the pharmaceutical companies. The raise the prices of meds far above the average persons ability to pay for them. And we have a refinery right here in Coffeyville and yet the prices are higher then in the rest of Kansas. I drive over the state line, one mile away, and buy it for ten cents a gallon less in Oklahoma.

When I got my gas I noticed that I had a low tire. I checked out which one it was and then drove over to Casey's to air it up.

When I got home, I got my mail and started making the goulash for tomorrow's dinner at church. Then I made brown sugar glazed carrots too. Finally I baked a batch of cookies. I am really tired now but all I have to do tomorrow is bake my coffeecake. I even went out to church and ran off the bulletins. I did a small load of laundry too. I have it out now and put away.

Bob came over and had a warm cookie. He just left and since there's absolutely nothing worth watching on TV on Saturday night, he wont be back this evening even for the news.  I'll pick him up in the morning for church. 

No comments: