Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept poorly last night. I awoke about 1:00 and my right shoulder was aching terribly. I got up to go to the bathroom but could not get back to sleep for the pain. My rotator cuff is aching again after all these years. I hurt it initially while I was working for KGGF radio in the 80's and early 90's. I think I must have aggravated it in exercise class a couple of weeks ago.  Finally about 2:15, I got up and took two Aleve. In a few moments I was able to get back to sleep and it is still alright this morning. Time will tell if it will still hurt after the twelve hours when the affects of the Aleve run out.

Bob and I will go to Independence this morning so I can get my hair done and we can have lunch at Great China. I also need to go to the post office there to mail off a book that I sold on Amazon this morning. After we eat lunch, I will come home and read again. This evening at 6:30, I am to give the invocation at the city commission meeting.  Then I will come home and watch American Experience on PBS.

More later...

Instead of reading in the afternoon, I asked Karan if she would like to go to Bartlesville with me. She did and we went to Christopher and banks and took advantage of some of their sales. Karan bought two pair of colored jeans and I bought two pair of dark blue jeans with bling on them. Then we stopped at McCalister's to get something to drink. When we went to pay for the drinks, we found that the woman in front of us had already paid for ours too. She was already gone when we went to thank her. Wasn't that sweet!

Then we drove home. Bob came over about 5:00 to read the paper and watch the news. I changed my clothes and went to the city commission meeting. They had moved it up to 6:00 but I didn't get the word. Cindy had told me "6:30". Luckily someone else did the invocation. I stayed for most of the meeting anyhow. When I got home I took my bath and Missy and I sat in the recliner and watched American Experience until 10:00 then we went to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I am getting my hair cut and permed tomorrow.
Doesn't it just lift you up to get your hair
renewed. I have bad, thin hair and it takes a
special stylist to do anything with mine.
I care for you Margie and look everyday to
see if you are ok. You are such a special
lady!

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister-Three. That's so sweet of you! Yes, I get a lift out of having my hair done too. Mine is also thinning.