Saturday, September 10, 2016

Saturday and the Fishing Trip

I slept terrible last night. I tried to get through the night without Aleve. Big mistake! Finally, at 2:30, after tossing and turning and hurting for hours, I caved in and took two Aleve. Then I discovered if I didn't extend my arm, but just held it next to my chest, the shoulder didn't hurt as badly. I then slept until 5:00.

Today we will take a charter fishing trip. I'm no fisherman but John asked me so I will go.  I hope I don't get seasick. I don't need anything else to deal with.

I did some light cleaning yesterday. I just swept out the garage and the steps through the front shrub garden. I emptied the dishwasher and puttered around some. No real cleaning.

I've just had my breakfast so I will get back to this later.

Today was interesting..if exhausting, First, while we were waiting for Ginger to finish her training with a gun, Leslie and John decided to ask Scott to help hang up the cabinets in the garage. One of Ginger's doctor friends gave them to her when he re-decorated his home. They spent from 9:00 AM until 12:30 or so doing that and did a great job. Scott and Ginger were delighted. The only thing they could not get done in the time they had, was putting the glass doors on some of the cabinets. If we were going to grab some lunch somewhere and get to the island for their charter fishing trip, they were going to have to let that go.

We grabbed a sandwich on the island at a Wendy's and got there with a little time to spare. I had been having a terrible time with my right shoulder all the time we were here and I knew I simply could not manage fishing but I went along because John asked me. All the kids caught some fish and I have some photos I'll add to the blog later when I get home on Monday.  We leave tomorrow.

Anyhow, to continue my story, we (that is the kids) fished from 1:30 to 5:30 and had a great time. Scott wrestled with some huge fish for two hours and when he finally got it in he was exhausted and it turned out to be a huge  (I'll fill this in later when I recall the name of it. It wasn't a jellyfish but something similar) Scott was disappointed. He and the captain thought it was a couple of hundred pound fish of some kind.  It had worn him to a frazzle but he was determined to bring it in.

When we got back to the house, Leslie and John went to eat at a restaurant that specialized in serving fish but Ginger and Scott just came back home and ate leftovers and I had my yogurt. We all took showers (I took a bath) and put our pjs on. When John and Leslie finally got back, Scott and I had been watching a movie. John came in and said he wanted Scott to help him put up the glass doors on the cabinets. Scott was delighted and immediately went out to help. After some time, I went on to bed. It was nearly 9:30 and after a day in the sun, I was wiped out.

So the pool will be completely finished on Tuesday. 

We leave tomorrow at 8:00 or so, I imagine. We will stop somewhere and stay overnight and not get home until Monday.

It's a horrendous drive.

No comments: