Friday, October 14, 2016

Friday and Exercises Again

I slept well last night but awoke in the night too hot. I got up and turned the air conditioning back on.

I slept well then and when I awoke again at 5:00, the apartment was too cold so I turned the furnace back on. It is warming up again in here.  

This morning I will go to exercise class again. I want to fix some chili for lunch. It has really cooled off this week.

My eldest son called last night and talked awhile with me. I haven't heard for the younger one in several days. I imagine between his work and the damage from the hurricane, he has his hands full.

Missy is lying here beside me, patiently waiting for her breakfast. Maybe I'd better work on this later...

We've had our breakfasts and even gone outside briefly. It had been raining so Missy was not too interested in staying outside. we came back in and I checked the e-mail.

In the meantime, my younger son did call and fill me in on what all had been ruined at the house. The water poured down through the damage of the second floor and ruined the first floor too. It will be after the first of the year according to Harry, their contractor, to get it restored. I am cancelling my trip to Florida for Christmas...but just playing it by ear. ...just in case.

More even later... 

https://www.facebook.com/ThisIsZinc/videos/543852842482053/

Check out this video my son, Scott, posted on his facebook page. The Zinc video is right. Although there's a lot wrong with the world we live in now, it's a whole lot better then the one of the last century.  I prefer to try to be positive then to think of the negative side of life.

More even later....

I fixed the chili after we left  Utopia. It cooked on low until 1:00 or so when I texted Bob to ask if he was hungry now. He said he had eaten a candy bar and was not hungry so I put it in the frig. Then I decided to bake some cookies because we were out. Bob called to see if I wanted to go to Bartlesville but I was in the middle of baking the cookies so I told him what I was doing. As soon as I finished, I texted him to see if he was still interested but he was out of the mood then.  He did drop over to visit awhile and ate a cookie. He left after about an half hour.

More even later.

Bob came back and watched the news with me and after he left, I took my bath and watched some TV with Missy in my lap.  We went to bed at 10:00.

2 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Between the AC and your Furnace I had to laugh! I tried to avoid the furnace the last few mornings relying on my big fuzzy bathrobe but this morning at 33 degrees I turned it on.

Will check out your son's link :)

Margie's Musings said...

It happens, doesn't it, Deb? :)