Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Tuesday and Juanita's Birthday

Today is Juanita's 95th birthday and so when I go to Independence to get my hair done, I want to go out to Walmart there and get her some Russell Stover chocolates. She loves Russell Stover candy. I already have her card and would have put it in the mail on Friday but was afraid it would not get there in time with the holiday.

Anyhow, I slept well again last night. I did wake up several times but managed to get back to sleep each time. The arm has not been hurting but I find if I try to sleep on my right side, it tends to make it sore. So, I will continue to sleep on my left side.

I really need my hair done today. For some reason, it has not been holding up very well. I washed it myself Saturday night and I can't do much with it except dry it and try to use the curling iron a bit. It's very short anyhow.

I will pick up Bob about 8:30 and after I get my hair done and we go to Walmart and then take Juanita's card and gift by her house, we will eat at Big Cheese this week.

Tomorrow I will cook again. I need to figure out a menu.

More later...Missy is being very patient about her breakfast. I'm hungry too.

We had our breakfast, went outside for awhile and finally,  I picked up Bob to go to Independence to get my hair done. After that we went to their Walmart and I bought some Russell Stover chocolate for Juanita's birthday today. She is 95 now. I visited with her for awhile and then Bob and I went to Big Cheese to eat lunch.

Then we came back to Coffeyville and I took him home.

I texted Scott this afternoon after he texted Ginger's mother about how depressed she was over all the damage from hurricane Matthew to their new home.  I suggested he try to contact the builder that built the home and see if he would restore it to it's former beauty.  He did that. And he will repair the roof next week. He will work on the rest of the house as soon as he can get to it. That may be awhile. But it's a start. At least the house would be restored to look like it did before the storm.

I read most of the afternoon. Bob came back over about 5:15 to watch the news and an episode of Big Bang Theory. When he went home, I took my bath and watched TV for awhile with Missy.   About 9:00 we both went to bed.

No comments: