Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Tuesday and Cake Delivery

I slept poorly last night until 2:30. Then I got up and took two Zzzquil capsules and finally got to sleep and slept until 6:00. I have fed both Missy and myself this morning and loaded the cakes into my trunk. Then I swept a ton of leaves away from my door and into the east yard. That won't help. The wind just brings them back but at least I try. It's 29 degrees this morning I have watched the weather channel and the news (after a fashion). It is full of commercials. So I turned to Songs of the Season. That's what is playing now.

I will pick up Bob about 8:20 to leave for Independence. We will first deliver the cakes then I will get my hair done. Then I will mail off the package of photos I am sending to Scott at their post office.  Then we will go out to Walmart and walk around until 11:00 when Big Cheese opens. That's where we will eat today. Then after that we will come back to Coffeyville. I don't know what the afternoon will bring. Maybe I will get some more newsletters from classmates. I worked on the class newsletter all afternoon yesterday. I will continue to work on it until I leave for Tulsa on Monday with Marilyn. I am taking my laptop and so if more news comes in from e-mail, I can continue to add to it while I am in Florida. I will have to do some editing if too much comes in though. I have three pages filled front and back already.

I intend to pack Sunday evening. I will need to be ready when Marilyn is ready on Monday. She is my ride to the motel. I am staying at the Hilton. It is near the airport and has an early shuttle service to get me to the airport on Tuesday.

Tomorrow and Friday I am in charge of being at Leslie's when the "greats" get off the school bus. As I mentioned earlier, their parents are in Hawaii on vacation and my daughter is in charge of them with the help of her sister-in-law, Alberta, and me. Leslie is on call part of the time and only works Wednesday through the weekend. So she will have them on Monday and Tuesday. She usually goes in to work on Wednesday at 4:00.  But this week she will be going to Nashville to deliver a Corgi pup to a buyer. That why she needs Alberta and me to help. John has a job and also his own business delivering liquid cattle feed.

More later....

This is a "Happy Holidays" from the Florida Millers and Ginger's son, Nathan, who is a college student.

We got back from Independence and Big Cheese at noon and I took Bob to his home so he could get a nap. I came back to work on this blog and the newsletter I am putting together for my classmates of the class of 1953.

Missy is here on the floor beside me. I can tell she gets lonely in the house alone all morning. I will stay home this afternoon. It is very cold here at 31 degrees.

More later.... 

I did go out to Walmart to buy some Chai Latte. I miss that in the evening. I also stopped at Country Mart to buy three of their .99 cake mixes and three pans. We don't have to take cakes again until January 10th but now I am ready. I may have to buy frostings later when I get home in January.

Bob came over shortly after 5:00 to watch the news and read the newspaper. He left at 6:30 and was very tired.  he will be on his own for lunch for almost three weeks. I am due to go to take care of the "greats" this afternoon and Friday. And Thursday I go to the doctor and later take Juanita back to Bartlesville to her 1:00 doctor's appointment. Then I leave on Monday for Tulsa to leave Tuesday for Florida. I'll be gone two weeks there.

Missy and I watched "My Cat From Hell" until 9:00 when we went to bed.  


Scott Miller said...

Going to be 80 degrees next week here

Sister--Three said...

Is Leslie a nurse?

Margie's Musings said...

No, Leslie works at Four County Mental Health as a Case Manager.