Friday, January 20, 2017

Friday and Doing Better

I was absolutely exhausted last night. I went to bed at 8:30 and slept until 6:00...unheard of for me.

I woke up twice in the night to go to the bathroom but got right back to sleep. It had been such a big day. Bob came over and stayed until 6:30. When he left I took a sponge bath and lay down on the couch for a couple of hours. Then I went to bed.

When I got up and dressed Missy was ready for her breakfast. In all the excitement, I think I forgot to give her the evening treats.

Karan was here when I got home from Bartlesville waiting for me. She was ready to run errands.  She didn't stay long. She went out to the nursing home to visit David. I sent him the socks they gave me at the hospital. They have non skid bottoms. She came back after that and checked in on me again. Then she went to give blood. When she checked in on me after that, she brought me some cut up fruit. I had some of that with my oatmeal this morning.

She is going to bring me a cinnamon roll and Utopiachino after their exercise class today. I am not up to going or I would.  I can't lift more then 10 pounds for awhile and the exercises would probably be too much for me right now.  Yesterday afternoon while I was working on Sunday's sermon Missy wanted up on the daybed behind me. She can no longer jump up there so I picked her up and sat her down there. Then I remembered......she weighs 18 pounds.  I hope I didn't hurt anything.

I had several phone calls while at the hospital. Marilyn called and also Judy and Joyce called. That was good of them.

I will eat my beans and cornbread for lunch. Bob will be on his own, I guess. He had his day before yesterday and didn't want any more. I will freeze the other container.  They will be good another day.

More later....

It turned out Bob came over for soup and brought a relish dish and crackers.  I warmed up the soup.

He then went over to Braums and bought my milk. I took a nap after lunch and he went out to church to check everything out and to see Denise, his daughter, after that. Missy and I lay down on the sofa and took a nap. Karan came by and brought change from this morning. Actually she left the entire $20.00 and evidently bought my cinnamon roll and Utopiachino.  That was sweet of her.

Even more later....

In the afternoon, Marilyn R. came over and visited me and brought me a "get well" card. While she was here, Gay and Adele and two friends came too.   Gay thought I was doing very well. She had had this same surgery years ago. I took some Tylenol in the afternoon to alleviate some of the soreness so I was feeling pretty good at that time. 

By the time Bob came over, my Tylenol had worn off and I was pretty sore again and feeling exhausted.

Bob came over at 5:15 and stayed until 6:45.  When he left, I took my shower and lay on the sofa with Missy and read my Kindle. I had downloaded the book I didn't get to finish in the hospital...the one on Leslie's tablet. After I finished the book, I went to bed.

No comments: