Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day

I slept well again last night. It has been so good to get good sleep lately. I hope it continues. My surgery is tomorrow. I don't know what to expect.

This morning Bob and I will go to Independence and I will get my hair done. I want to go to their Walmart store and get some Progresso soup and a few more things while I am there. I may be eating that cornbread and beans for awhile and soup will be a welcome change.I will put some of the ham and beans in containers for Bob and later this afternoon I will bake the cornbread and take some of it to Marilyn R, my neighbor too. I fixed a half pound of beans so there is plenty.

Then Bob and I will eat at Big Cheese. 

This afternoon after we get back to Coffeyville I also need to pay my car insurance. It is due tomorrow. Since I will be on my way to Bartlesville tomorrow for the surgery, I will need to get that paid today.

Gay and Adele are to come to see me on Friday if I am up to it. I will just play it by ear.

I'll get back to this later. I want to get dressed and ready for the day.

I have had my breakfast and gave Missy hers and her treats too. 

I had my hair done in Independence and then Bob and I went out to Walmart there and I bought a few groceries. We also went by Sayer's Ace Hardware and Bob bought some sale jelly. Then we had lunch at Big Cheese pizza  and we came home to Coffeyville and I took Bob home.  I am drying my clothes now. I went by the bank and made  a deposit and then went by Shelter Insurance and paid my car insurance. I will bake some cornbread in a little while and see if Marilyn wants some too. I will dish her up some of the ham and beans if she does, I'll take it over.

I believe I am ready for the surgery now.

So more later...

I got the cornbread baked and the ham and beans divided into four bowls. I gave Marilyn some and some cornbread and Bob will come over to feed Missy after he gets back from taking me over to Tyro to meet Leslie.  He will come over at noon and warm up his cornbread and beans here at my apartment.  I will eat mine on Thursday. I also bought some Progresso soup for my lunches at the Independence Walmart store this morning. .  I have cereal and oatmeal for my breakfasts. I am not to eat or drink anything after midnight tonight. In the morning I can have a half cup of water to take my two pills. That's all. 

The nurse called this evening to move my surgery appointment up an hour.  I am to be there at 7:00 AM now. ....instead of 8:00 AM.  So Bob will run me over to Tyro at 6:00 and we will meet Leslie at 6:15 - 6:20 something like that.  I called Leslie to let her know. Both my sons called this evening to wish me the best for the surgery. Ginger texted me. I have the best kids. Leslie will stay at the hospital during the surgery and keep the boys informed about how it is going.  She will come back over there on Thursday to take me home. I'm supposed to have someone there with me the first day and night but I will be fine. I keep my cell phone right next to the bed and if anything unforeseen should happen, Bob is just four blocks away.  I'm not concerned.

There is nothing on TV tonight. I have been all over the dial and cannot find anything to watch. So I am going to go to bed early. I set my alarm for 5:00...my usual arising time. I did that just in case I overslept. It's 8:30 now and I usually go to bed at 9:00. 


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I have been eating cornbread for the last few morning breakfasts :) Good luck with the surgery!

marlu said...

Best thoughts coming your way for successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, friends!