Friday, January 27, 2017

Friday and Feeling Puny

I slept fairly well last night. I awoke once around 1:00 AM and had some trouble getting back to sleep. Then I slept until almost 6:00 AM. I took my temp again this morning and it was not quite 100 degrees. I figured I must have had another temp break in the night. My bangs were wet when I woke up.

I got myself ready for the day, fed Missy and myself. Now I am working on this blog. That's all I feel up to. It will probably take a few days for the infection to clear up. I wonder if I picked it up in the hospital. I have been taking 1000 mg of Acetaminophen twice a day. That dosage that I took for the soreness may have kept the fever down and kept me from knowing I had an infection. No one will ever know for sure.  But I have been meticulous in my hygiene.

I had a text from Scott this morning. He had read my blog and learned about the infection. I hadn't shared that news with either of the boys.  I knew Scott was fighting another cold and Keith was studying for a test. They want to be kept in the loop though.

More later....

Bob dropped by after exercise class and so did Karan. She brought me a Utopiachino drink...bless her heart. I just love those things. I drank the tall one after everyone left. I froze the smaller one.

I am feeling somewhat better. The last time I took my temp it was normal.

More even later...

That was short lived! At 1:10 I took my temp again and once again it was back to 100. It seems if I even move, that drives my temp up. Leslie suggested I call the doctor's office and report it. They said to give it a couple more days and if it doesn't stop doing that, I may have to go into the hospital where, I suppose, they can give it IV. Ugh!

I lay around all afternoon and really had no appetite  at all. I ate the other part of my Utopiacenia and took my antibiotic.

At 5:15, Bob came over and watched the news with me. He stayed until 7:00.  After he left, I took my shower and put my p.j.s on and lay with Missy on the sofa again until 9:00. I stayed up to watch the program on the Melendez boys trial. If you recall they killed their parents. I believe that was back in the 80's.

I took my temp once more and went to bed at 9:00.  At that fever.


Sister--Three said...

So glad you are feeling better. Take it easy foe a while! Let someone take care of you for a change.

Margie's Musings said...

I spoke too soon. About 1:30 I took my temp and it was back to 100 degrees. My daughter suggested I report that to the doctor's office. So I did. Then I took two more Acetaminaphen

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope you will be feeling better very soon.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Susie! I hope I will too.