Monday, January 30, 2017

Monday and Another Night of Poor Sleep

I awoke at 2:30 this morning and that was it for sleeping after that. Finally, at 4:00, I just got up. I was tired of tossing and turning. I am really ready to be well. And for some strange reason, my sinus's are constantly draining. That stops up my nose and my head. While taking this antibiotic I am not to take an antihistamine so I will just have to deal with it.

Today, they will probably take my Blue Cross/Blue Shield premium out of my checking account. Since the 28th was on Saturday, they didn't take it out at the usual time.

I am really not up to cooking again today but I have to get back to it sometime. I guess we will have tuna cakes and boiled potatoes and a veggie. Bob will bring a salad of some kind. I just don't seem to have the energy to get with it right now.

Marilyn R. gave me her printer yesterday. She was going to throw it away. I thought Bob might be able to use it but he doesn't seem to be interested. We are going to have a rummage sale at the senior center in March and I will offer it for sale and give her the proceeds if it sells.  I need to ask her for the manual.

I have a doctor's appointment at  9:30 this morning with Dr. Gillis. I have some material the nurse at the hospital gave me to give to him about this surgery. It must be for the medical records Dr. Gillis keeps on me since he is my family doctor.

More later...

Breakfast is over and I have another story on Missy. I gave her treats as usual. The only difference is that like yesterday, I gave her two soft treats and two crunchy treats. Then I filled her food dish. She carefully flipped the two crunchy treats out of the dish and ate them and left the two soft ones there.  She does not like the soft ones. I don't know why. What a cat!

More even later....

I ran my plastic bags over to Genesis...that's the agency we use where in Coffeyville to aid the poor with food.  I save my grocery bags for them.

I got out of the doctor's office at almost 11:00 so Bob and I went out to El Pueblo for lunch. It wasn't really what I wanted but at least I didn't have to rush around and cook.

I finally got out to Walmart to get Juanita a new pen. She insists that I lost hers when I went to the bank.  I may have...who knows. I felt so bad that day it's a wonder I did anything right.

I tried to open my blog on my desktop computer and it wanted my password. I entered it and it refused to recognize it. So I opened the blog on this laptop. Computers...or Google, at least, can be so aggravating.

I am running down quickly this afternoon. I have been busy all afternoon doing some cleaning out and shredding some files.

More even later...

Bob came over at 5:00 to check his bank account. He stayed until 6:30  and after he left, I took my shower and at 8:00 I could longer keep my eyes open and Missy and I went to bed.


susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am glad that you didn't have to cook lunch today. Sometimes I get so tired of eating my own cooking. My husband doesn't ever seem to get tired of it, which I guess is a good thing. Also I really don't like cooking on the stove or in the oven when I have anything going bad with my sinuses. We don't have a kitchen exhaust fan that vents outside and the fumes from cooking really seem to make my sinuses so much more blocked. Making soup doesn't do so bad for me unless I have to brown meat for it.

I hope your antibiotics do what they are supposed to and you get to feeling better soon so you can get some good nights of sleep.

Take care.

Susie D.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Susie, for the good advice. I am feeling a lot better today. Maybe I am finally on the mend.