Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Wednesday and an Afternoon of Bunco

I  slept well again last night. I awoke about 4:00 to make a trip to the bathroom. While I was up I took my thyroid pill and checked my e-mail and bank account. Scott's donation showed up in the night. Now I can pay my rent. My social security doesn't come in until the 8th.

While I was up Scott called and talked to me. They leave after his work today for Ohio. They will stay until Saturday and try to get all their business taken care of  before coming back home.

I will cook lunch today. We will have our tuna cakes and boiled potatoes with a veggie and Bob's salad. Afterward I will go to the senior center to play Bunco. That should wear me out sufficiently.
It has been two weeks today since my surgery.

More later....

 Missy kitty lay in her recliner.  What a cat!

More later..

I went down to the bank to get some cash and the drive through was all blocked while they work on the structure. So I had to drive downtown to the old Condon Bank building on eighth street to get cash.

Then I went out to Equity and made my rent payment. Now I am back home and beginning to think about lunch.  I still am not feeling much like cooking.

More even later...

I had a good time playing Bunco this afternoon. When I got home, Bob's computer from Keith had arrived. I booted it right up and got most everything configured except the e-mail and for some reason, it would not work. I called Cox and the tech there walked me through it with all the settings but it still would not work.

Bob came over at 5:00 and stayed until 6:30 and after he went home I took my shower and lay with Missy on the sofa until I simply could not keep my eyes open and at 8:00 I went to bed.  

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Maybe you are over the hump and now will recover. As we age, recovery from surgery takes much longer than for the younger. You need to continue to take rests and let your body heal. Your Scott and Keith are wonderful sons and Leslie is a jewel. The lord blessed you with those three!

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I know that is true. My kids really stay in touch! This is taking longer then I thought though, Sister-Three.