Monday, February 13, 2017

Monday and Floor Cleaning Day

I slept poorly again last night. I went to bed really tired at 8:00 but woke up near midnight and sleep was off and on after that. I finally just got up at 4:15 AM. If I could make myself stay awake until at least 9:00 PM, I would sleep better.

I will clean the apartment's bare floors this morning.  I have been doing my housework piecemeal since my surgery. I will warm up the Sloppy Joes for our lunch and brown the buns and cook some more french fries.

Tomorrow morning we will go to Independence to get my hair done and Bob will visit his sister, Betty, while I do that. Then Bob and I will eat at Great China. So it will be Wednesday before I will vacuum the apartment unless I work up the energy to do it tomorrow afternoon.

More later...

I have fed Missy and myself and dressed and are ready for the day. The bed is made and dishes put away in the dishwasher. I will set the table for lunch in a bit. When Karan is finished with her exercise class, she and I will take the tea carafes back to Chartwell's at the college. They are the company that catered our dinner at church yesterday.

I see 188.000 folks in California have been evacuated.  The dam there has a hole in it and if it gives way, many towns would be inundated with water. What a mess! They are using helicopters to drop big rocks into that hole to try to keep that from happening. It occurred to me that the rocks might break that hole even larger. I hope not!

We have a 40% chance of rain today and an 80% chance tonight.  We can use the moisture!

More even later...

I took Missy out over the weekend when the weather was 81 degrees and she really loved lying in the grass...even though it was dead.

Such a funny cat!

I took the tea carafes back to Chartwell's at the college this morning. I didn't need Karan to help me since  two of their employees helped me instead. They did not have the bill ready yet but will call me when they do.

We did have our warmed up Sloppy Joes and french fries. They were good. I had two left over and took them over to Marilyn R.  This afternoon, I have laid on the sofa with Missy and rested.  I wasn't up to much else. I have been trying to take it easy in the afternoons but I want to go to Bunco at Asbury Village  tomorrow afternoon and so tomorrow will be a busy day. I have made my reservation.

More even later...

Bob did not come over this evening. It was forecast for rain and I believe we got some.   I looked out later in the evening and the blacktop on the drive was wet and raindrops were coming down. I watched the National Geographic channel last night after my shower until 8:00 and then Missy and I went to bed.


Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I hope that you get some rain or snow, Margie. I'd gladly give you some of mine and let my mud dry out here :) Missy looks contented. Here's to hoping for more good recovery for you in the days ahead :)

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Deb. I appreciate your hopes. I seem to be doing fine but just wear out easily.