Monday, March 6, 2017

Monday and No Exercises

I slept well last night. I woke up a couple of times but got back to sleep finally. I seldom sleep through the night without waking some at least once.

I don't think I will go to exercise class today. I never had the time (or the inclination) to vacuum last week.  I want to get the apartment cleaned. I did do the bare floors but never vacuumed the carpets. I kept thinking I would get it done but kept putting it off.

The winds are strong again today. I can't keep my hair looking like anything with all this wind.

Tomorrow I will get it cut and done while I am in Independence. I need to bake my cake today for the First Christian Church there. I will take them up in the morning, get my hair done and then go out to Derailed Commodity to look for tile for the foyer at church. One area, where the two slabs come together in the foyer, has separated and several of the tiles are broken.  They have been replaced at least twice but keep breaking. Sue thinks she may be able to get her son, Randy, to replace them if I can find something suitable that would blend.  I won't be able to get a match because those tiles were laid in 1999. After all that, Bob and I will eat lunch at Big Cheese.

We are having cornbread and beans today. I soaked the beans overnight and they are in the slow cooker now. By noon they should be done and I will bake the cornbread.  Tomorrow, as I said, we will eat at Big Cheese and Wednesday we will go to Lenten luncheon at the Nazarene church then Thursday we will have meatloaf and baked potatoes with a veggie and a salad that Bob will bring. Maybe when I bake my cake today I can make some cupcakes for us.

Friday we will have the beans and cornbread again.

I finally remembered to give Leslie the DVD of her dad's 2001 interview at the Red Cross after he returned from New York following the disaster there with the twin towers. I also gave her Scott's donation to her Relay for Life in his memory. 

More later....

I went out and bagged leaves for an hour...not that it will do much good. No one else does that. But at least for this morning my flowerbeds look better. I'd better take a photo of them because by afternoon they may be right back in the same shape they were this morning.There is a strong wind.

Here are the areas I got cleaned out this morning:

Here's another view:

And another...

And one more...
They look good now but we are to get even more wind this afternoon...up to 40 mile an hour winds. It will be interesting to see what these areas will look like then.

More later...I want to vacuum and then go rake the middle.... the part just west of my carport. Otherwise, those leaves will be sure to be on my carport again.

I got the vacuuming finished and then raked the leaves on the west side of my apartment. I don't know how long it will last but there are four bags of leaves that will not blow around again. We are  supposed to have a 40 mile per hour wind this afternoon.

Here are some photos of the west side.  This is directly west of Jeanie's and my carport.

This is in front of Jeanie's apartment. No leaves now. ...for now.
This is the Russell's front door area.  Nice and clean for now.  You can see where those leaves laying there for several months have killed the grass. I hope it comes back.

These are the last photos for now....I'd better go mix up the cornbread. Lunch is in an hour. I also need to check the beans.

Lunch was good. I took Marilyn R. some beans and cornbread  and she gave us some cake.
The wind has come up now and many leaves are still blowing around. Bob has gone to have his car worked on. Greg is putting a new sensor in one of his tires. Bob bought two new tires and will probably have his car aligned too. One of his front tires had worn a lot more then the other three.

I am waiting for the mailman now. I am still waiting for my Cox bill. I believe that is the only one I lack for the middle of the month. I will still have my Prudential and the Blue Cross Blue Shield on the 28th. The mailman probably will not be here until around 2:30 or so.

So more later... 

Well, I didn't get that bill and everything else wasspam.

I went back out in the afternoon and cleaned up the yard all over again. Not that it will do any good. We are forecast for 40 mile an hour winds this afternoon.

In fact, this evening we were under tornado warnings. All we got were that terrible  wind and rain and some pea sized hail.  The hail didn't last long and at 10:00 Missy and I went to bed.


Emily Shorette said...

If you have a minute, I’d really appreciate it if you took a look at Emily’s Virtual Rocket. This is a serious newsblog which has been taken from e-newspapers and e-magazines from around the world, with an emphasis on transgender issues. Also, with his election, I look for articles which critique Donald Trump.

I hope you enjoy this. Please paste the following:

If you like it, please consider putting it among your favorite blogs. I would greatly appreciate it.


Margie's Musings said...

I'll look it up and check it out.

Margie's Musings said...

I checked it out but was not interested in including it.