Thursday, March 9, 2017

Thursday and Meatloaf Day

I slept fairly well last night even though I woke up shortly after midnight. (Missy and I went to bed shortly after 8:00). I took my med and went back to bed and lay there for an hour...wide awake. Finally, I got back up and took a Melatonin tablet.  The body makes Melatonin naturally but the blue light from the TV, smart phone, and computers turn off the body's ability to produce it. That one reason why people are having a hard time sleeping anymore. Taking a supplement sometimes helps. It certainly did last night. I slept until almost 6:00...unusual for me.

I have fed both Missy and myself and have watched the weather and checked the computer for news. I like getting my national news from the computer where there are not a half dozen interrupting commercials every five to ten minutes. The terrible commercials are one of my pet peeves.

In a little while I will mix up my meatloaf. I made my goulash yesterday and we will have it on Friday.  I will fix baked potatoes in the microwave for today and a veggie and Bob will bring a salad. I have cupcakes for dessert from the cake I made on Monday.

I don't have an agenda today after lunch. The apartment is clean and I will have to check the flowerbeds to see if they need additional work. I took some photos yesterday afternoon but never got them downloaded on the computer. They are still on the camera.

I will get them downloaded soon.

Here is one photo of the Lenten Luncheon crowd. You can see there appears to be over 125 people there.

 And here were the flowerbeds and east yard yesterday afternoon.

Pretty clear then. I will have to check them today.

Notice the miniature rosebush all greened up already and just south of it, are a clump of bulbs...ready to bulb and bloom.

Even the area around the air conditioning unit was pretty clear. Of course this was yesterday, It's too cold to check again just yet. It's supposed to get up to 50 degrees later today.

I'd better get that meatloaf mixed up. More later....

There were some leaves again around the east side...but not too many. I decided to clean them up and then do the west side. It is almost 11:00 now and I need to get my meatloaf in the microwave soon so this will be short.

This is primarily the west side..or the middle of the fourplex. I don't know how long it will last but it looks a lot cleaner now.

 Here's another view...

It will be interesting to see how long it lasts this time. Notice that leaving those leaves on all winter has killed a lot of the grass. You can see it worse in front of Russell's apartment in the first photo here. That's Russell's new Ford in the lower photo. .

More later...time to start that meatloaf baking!...

Well lunch turned out fine!  After Bob left, I went to the pharmacy to pick up my blood pressure med. I rested awhile after that and then stopped at Sonic and had a small mini Sonic blast with Reese's pieces. I know I shouldn't but I just can't help it about once a week. It's only a mini!

More later....It's a little after 3:00 PM now. Right after 4:00 I get the Reporter.

The Reporter came early and I got it read and the crossword puzzle done as well. Bob came about 5:15 after I took some meatloaf to my neighbor, Marilyn. We watched the news and at 6:30, he left. Missy and I stayed up until 8:30 and watched TV and then we went on to bed. I was very tired after all that raking and bagging of leaves. 

No comments: