Monday, June 19, 2017

Monday and No Exercises

I slept very well last night and didn't wake up once. I got up at 5:30 or so. I have fed myself and Missy and am going to make a fast trip to the market to get meat for the week. I don't buy my meat at Walmart. I will get everything else there later this afternoon.

I have washed the  kitchen and bathroom floors this morning. Tomorrow after I get back from Independence, I will vacuum at least two rooms. I need to try to see the doctor today about my swollen ankles and also call the Bartlesville doctor who did my surgery about my surgery failure. It should be a busy day.

If I'm going to make it to the market, I'd better got back to this later....

My 56 year old son ran a triathlon last week in Florida and he did it in 1 hour and 40 minutes. Here is his photo.




He was exhausted when he finished.

I've had a stressful morning. I called the doctor's office about the swollen ankle (it's down now...at least temporarily) and he will be out both today and tomorrow and he will be gone all next week on vacation. So I can't find out anything about that. Then I went to the grocery store and when I attempted to use my debit card to pay for my groceries, I accidentally put in the last four digits of my social instead of my pin number. I tried three times and finally just paid in cash.

Then I went to the bank to get my hair money back and I had been locked out of my account. I called the bank when I got back home and they reset it for me. Then I went back to the bank to get the money for my hairdo tomorrow.

I called Dr. Peaster's office and was put on hold  for awhile then when I told the receptionist what I was calling about she took a message and said she would have the doctor call me when he came in . That's been almost an hour and he hasn't called yet.

Bad start of the day...

It's 8:40 in the evening now and Dr. Peaster never called me back.   I called his nurse for the second time at 4:50 and learned that he had been in surgery "all day".  I asked if that began at 9:30 this morning and she didn't even answer me. She said he would call me in the morning. In the morning, I will be in Independence getting my hair done. I will have my phone with me and I doubt he will call me at 9:00 AM. That's when my appointment is scheduled.

I finally went on to Walmart to buy the bulk of my groceries in the afternoon. I took my phone with me and had it in my hand the entire time...hoping Dr. Peaster would call.  I got that finished. Then I finished my Sunday sermon.

I heard from my friend, Gay, today that her mother had died in her sleep last night. She was 99 and would have been 100 if she had lived until January. Gay and I have been friends for 63 years. I would go to the memorial service for her mom but I am preaching at our church next Sunday.  I did go buy a nice card and added a personal note and sent that to her today.

It's nearly 9:00 now and I have had my bath and lay with Missy on the sofa for awhile. In a little while, I will go to bed. It's been a huge day.

No comments: