Saturday, June 24, 2017

Saturday and Breakfast Out

I slept well again last night.

I got up about 5:00 and fixed Missy's breakfast and even my own. I forgot Bob and I were eating breakfast out this morning. I only had a small bowl of cereal and juice and a cup of regular coffee. No one gets fat on breakfast so I will eat some more with him. 

I took Missy out with me while I watered all the flowers. We didn't get the rain we were forecast yesterday. After I watered and was ready to come back in, she wandered off to Kenny's side of the house again. I had to get a stick to prod her and make her come home. Strange...sometimes she does what is expected of her and other times she is in complete rebellion. That's a cat for you! (very much like humans).

I will pick Bob up about 7:30 and we will try out the new buffet. Sirloin Stockade has closed and sold all their Kansas restaurants to Kansas Buffet so we have no idea what to expect out of this new operation. We don't even know if they kept Rick and Steve the manager and assistant manager or let them go. I guess we will find out.

I am the speaker at church tomorrow. I had considered giving it up since I am 81 but there are so few left....Johnna's husband, Greg, was murdered last month and even though she is one of our pastors, she certainly is not ready to resume being a speaker again. Her mother, Sue, is 81 too and in very poor health. Sue's husband John, who is 84, gave it up years ago. That leaves, Karan, who is about to have a complete knee surgery on the 28th, Bill,  Leslie, Melissa. and me. Leslie gets some guest speakers from time to time and that helps.

More later....

Well they kept the same staff at what used to be Sirloin Stockade. I am glad. They do a good job. 

I went out to church after breakfast and did some chores. I printed off the bulletin and insert, put up the worship center and put away the last two week's worship centers. I cleaned out the bookcase in the office. I threw away a lot of old stuff and took the trash home to dispose of it.

When I got home, Bob was here doing his laundry. After he left, I went to Country Mart and bought the apples for tomorrow night's dessert of Apple Brown Betty for after the Living the Questions group meeting.  I also stopped at Braum's and bought vanilla ice cream.  I have that stuff put away now.

Missy is back in my chair again. It will have cat hair all over it...again.

More later...

Bob came over early and offered to buy us ice cream cones since we had not had any dinner. We went over to Braum's and he bought them and we ate them!

When we got back, we watched the news and after that, he went home. I took my bath and watched TV with Missy on the sofa until 10:00 when we went to bed.  

No comments: