Monday, July 31, 2017

Monday and a Doctor's Appointment

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night after the LTQ group met. I was just too wound up. I went to bed about 9:30 but was still awake at 10:30 when I got up and took a Zyrtec, It took awhile but I finally got to sleep and pretty much slept through the night until nearly 5:00.

I will go on to exercise class this morning  and from there I will go to my regular doctor's appointment. The doctor's office is only two blocks from the senior center.  I am supposed to have blood work done to check out my thyroid. I also want to ask him about my swollen ankles. They are pretty much swollen all the time now....especially the right one.  Other then that, my allergies are my primary complaint. ...that and the failed bladder surgery. There's nothing more that can be done about that though.

I have fed Missy and myself. We will have warmed up hamburger pie for lunch today. I still have  strawberry shortcake for dessert.

Missy is waiting for it to get light so we can go out on the carport for awhile. She loves to be outside and as long as she doesn't try to get away, I'm good with that.

So more later....

I took Missy out for awhile before I went to exercise class. She really enjoyed it and was very good. After exercise class, I went to the doctor. I told him about my swollen ankles and the failure of my bladder surgery. I also told him I had decided against having it redone for fear it would fail again.

He suggested I let him refer me to Kansas City Med Center.  He said they have some phenomenal doctors up there that have done some of the best surgery around. He said at 81, I was in such great health I might live another 20 years and surely would not want to have to deal with this bladder problem for all that time. He urged me to at least have a consultation with one of their doctors that he would recommend. I told him I would want to discuss it with my daughter and would get back with him.

After lunch, and after Bob left, I went out to Leslie's and told her about the doctor's visit. She agreed I should look into it. She said I would not want to deal with "leaks" and constantly looking for bathrooms on my cruise in June of 2018. I admit she had a point. I called the doctors office, explained the reason for my call and asked his nurse to have him call me at the end of his day.

Leslie cannot have the appointment on August 14th and 15th  or September 12th. And it has to be on a Monday or Tuesday. Those are her set days off work.   She also suggested I have my prescriptions filled at Walgreens in Independence since I am up there on Tuesdays anyhow. She says they are cheaper and I can call the prescription in and then pick it up at the drive through window when I get to town.

Leslie also gave me tomatoes and ground meat.

I have the best kids in the world!

Bob came over shortly after 5:00 while I was watering the flowers on the east side. Soon after that, I took Missy and we all went in to watch the news. After the news, Bob left and I was still waiting for the doctor to call back. He never did. Doctors!

I went ahead and took my bath and got ready for bed. I was glad I had explained all those days Leslie can't go to his nurse. Perhaps she explained that to him and when he calls me back about my blood tests, he will tell me what day we can go up to Kansas City for the consultation.

About 9:00, I went to bed.


marlu said...

I'd be interested to hear what your doctor says about your swollen ankles. I went last Thursday for the same thing - right one more swollen than the left. In the two days between the time I called and the day I went in, the swelling went down. Now it's back! He didn't have much to say about the cause. Said everything was "fine."

Margie's Musings said...

My doctor said the culprit was probably my blood pressure medicine, Amlodipine. It has a history of causing that in hot weather.He told me to keep down any excess salt in my diet. He wasn't overly concerned because my overall health is very good. My doctor was a pharmacist before he became a doctor.

marlu said...

Thanks, Margie. I don't take any blood pressure medicine. So guess I'll have to take his word that everything is fine!