Tuesday, July 11, 2017

Tuesday and Hairdo Day

I slept well again last night thanks to the Zyrtec. I am up and dressed and ready for the day. Missy is patiently waiting for her breakfast and I will get mine ready too. I will need to water the flowers and that awful tomato plant before I go to pick Bob up. I will take him to visit his sister, Betty, and then I will get my hair done. We will eat at Great China at noon.

Right now I'd better get our breakfasts. More later...

I got the front flowers watered and did not get the ones on the east side done.  So I'd better get out there and do that. It will be 98 degrees today. 

Scott, my younger son, just called and talked to me for quite awhile. ..in fact, about 45 minutes.  He and I always have a lot to talk about. He misses the reunion experience. He worked for our church for three years and was a terrific preacher.

In about thirty minutes I will pick up Bob for our trip to Independence.  But right now, I'd better water those flowers.  More later...

O.K. It's done now.  Everything is watered now.

I am watching the CBS news right now. 

This story about collusion with the Trump administration and the Russians is growing every day. There is an e-mail that mentions that connection.

More even later...

I went to pick up Bob after spending five minutes trying to turn off the TV. It would not turn off. It could be that the batteries in the Bose system remote are getting weak. I have been having some problems with it lately.

I took him to his sister Betty's and went to the beauty shop to get my hair colored and cut. Afterward I dropped by the Merle Norman store and bought some Moisture Emulsion. Then I vacuumed out my car and went to pick up Bob at his sister's home. We went to Walmart where I bought some Q Tips and he bought some deodorant.   Then we went to Great China for lunch. After lunch we stopped by the church to check the mouse traps. They were empty but the bait was all gone. I refilled all three with bait.  I took the sign off the door about the services last week being at the campgrounds. 

Then I took him on home and came home myself. Maybe I will get a nap this afternoon. Missy seems to be waiting for me to do that.

More later....

I did take a nap and afterwards I went up to Shelter Insurance and priced my car insurance without Collision coverage. My car is ten years old and since I no longer owe anything on it, I will not carry collision. I would not get much of anything for it if it got wrecked. I changed my comprehensive to $1,000 deductible too. I also added UMPD (uninsured motorist property damage) for $4.50 and that will take care of my car in the event that someone hits me and has no liability insurance.

I went up to the Coffeyville Journal office to subscribe but the office was closed. It was only 3:50 but they were closed.  Needless to say, they do not sell many subscriptions that way. They only publish twice a week...on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Pitiful!

Bob came over at 5:20 and watched the news. I gave him his birthday card and also his gift. He left at 6:30 and I took my bath and got myself ready for bed.

Then I laid on the sofa with Missy and watched TV for awhile. She caught her claw in the sofa back and I attempted to help her pull it out. She caught me with her claw on my index finger of my right hand and on the middle finger of my left hand. That laid them both open.  Both bled like mad. I had blood everywhere while trying to get to the bathroom for a couple of band-aids.  I only had two band-aids.  The fingers both really hurt but they are better now. I will need to get some more band-aids at the Dollar General store in the morning.

What a mess!

I will go to bed now that it's 9:00. I hope I can sleep. .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Scott MillerJuly 11, 2017 at 7:08 PM
I suspect that terrific speaker remark is shadowed by great deal of bias ! Lol ��

Reply

Margie's Musings said...

No it isn't. Just ask your brother. He was in the audience when you spoke in Coffeyville that time and he was very impressed too. You used an illustration from a movie starring Robin Williams. It was a great sermon. Do you remember the movie? He was a teacher the the expression was "seize the day". See...I never forgot the sermon.