Saturday, July 15, 2017

Saturday and a Trip to Chanute

I slept well again last night and this morning I will pick up Bob and we will go to Eggberts for breakfast. Afterward, about 9:30, I will drive to Chanute to visit Gay and her family. First I will have to get gas again and some money from the bank.

When it gets light here, I will take Missy out for awhile. She loves to be outside.  I usually take her little "front of the door" rug outside and she lays on it.

I was going to do this blog on the desktop computer but it is still updating itself with the new Windows 10 update. It says it will reboot itself several times yet.  So I have this laptop in the living room now so I will just use it.

I have fed Missy already and she has had her treats. I will not eat yet this morning since I will be having breakfast out with Bob. I did have a cup of Chai. That's something to sort of warm up my body.

I combed Missy yesterday afternoon. She sheds so badly. I get a ton of cat hair in the apartment. That's why I vacuum so often.

So..more later...

I had breakfast with Bob and soon after went to Chanute to see the family of my friend, Gay. It had been years since I saw them. The only one not there was Steven and his family and they will be there tomorrow.  His wife had had knee replacement surgery on Wednesday and was really not ready to come. 

I had a great visit with Paul and Kathy and met all the rest. I really enjoyed my visit with Paul.  He has changed a lot. I probably would not have recognized him except he reminded me of a combination of Gay and his father, Hugh. He would be 61 and he is a registered nurse. He is trim and rides a bike a lot.  He wanted me to be sure to sure to tell Keith and the other two of my kids "hi" for him. He still lives in Colorado. Steven lives near Oklahoma City and Kathy lives in Virginia.

There must have been twenty five or thirty there though. Gay and Tony worked most of the morning getting everything ready for lunch. Their other friend, Janet, helped a did I. We had the table loaded with food of all kinds.  Then after everyone ate Janet and I cleaned up after it. We finished about 3:00 PM and I decided it was time for me to start home. I had almost an hour's drive home and was very tired.

Tony has now lost 70 pounds and is just a shadow of his former self.  I worry about him but he has a good attitude toward his three day a week dialysis. He has made several friends there.  

Missy was glad to see me and Bob had asked me to text him when I got in so I did but now he is coming over at 5:00.

I had a hard time getting my TV to turn on. It has been a problem lately. It could be the batteries in the remote.  I dread trying to change them and then trying to re-program the Bose remote.

I didn't get the first issue of my Coffeyville Journal. I subscribed yesterday and they told me I would get my first issue in the mail today. It didn't come. I am not surprised.

More later...


Scott Miller said...

Fond memories of steve in bartelsville

Margie's Musings said...

Yes... Paul said the same thing! He said he always loved to come to our house because we always had a nice house and we always did such fun things. What a nice thing to say!