Sunday, August 20, 2017

Sunday and Church

I slept really well again last night. I took Zeequil again. That seems to be the only way I can sleep well anymore. I got up at 5:00, my usual time to rise. I got myself ready for church and fed Missy and myself.

I have watered the plants in front of the apartment. They were wilted. The expected rain yesterday didn't happen.  The ground is wet so it may have rained a little in the night. This afternoon I will need to water the east side flowers and deadhead the flowers.

After Rick and Carmen came home I slipped out and put a note of invitation to church under the windshield wipers on their car.  They have come fairly regularly for a month. Our people really seem to enjoy them. Everyone greets them. I am so pleased with our friendly welcoming people.

After church we will either go to "Great China" or "Just Us" for lunch.  We will see what Phyllis wants to do. It doesn't matter which to Bob and me.

When I get back home I will do my newsletters and get the ones for people with only snail mail out on the mailbox for the mailman to pick up tomorrow. Most of the congregation has e-mail and I simply cut and paste it into e-mail for them.

More later....

We had a nice lunch at "Great China" but had way too much food so I brought some of it home for my neighbor Marilyn R.

I got the newsletter finished and am watching TV while I post here. Missy has been taking her nap. Poor kitty...she sleeps most of her life away.  She will be 15 years old in March.

One of my readers here wanted to know where I got Missy. My daughter gave her to me.  They had a litter of them. She brought Missy to church in a box for the "focus moment" for the children. The theme was "Do you believe me?" She asked the children, "If I told you there was something alive in this box, would you believe me?" The children all said "Yes!"  So she took her seat. From the back of the church, I said, "Well, what's in the box?" She said, "Would you believe it? My mother doesn't believe me." She then opened the box and showed everyone this tiny kitty.

I had invited them for dinner after lunch and they brought the kitten with them. I said, "What will you do with the kitten? I have no cat food and no litter box." She said "She will be fine." After dinner when they were ready to leave, I said. "Don't forget the kitten!" She said, "Better get some cat food and a litter box. She's yours." That's how I got her 14 1/2 years ago. 

Anyhow, after I laid with Missy and watched TV, I took a short nap. After I woke up, Bob came and brought some cherry limeades for us. They were supposed to be cherry limeade slushes but they got the order wrong at Sonic.

He stayed for 60 Minutes and then went home. I took my bath and laid back down with Missy to watch "The Nineties" on CNN.

We went to bed at 9:00

4 comments:

clairz said...

A friendly, welcoming congregation makes all the difference to newcomers.

Galla Creek said...

I would like to hear about where you got Missy.
Just wondering. I guess she was just a kitten.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

It is nice that you all worship together and that many of you gather afterwards for a meal and further fellowship :)

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, Deb, it's wonderful fellowship.