Sunday, August 13, 2017

Sunday and Coffee Cake

I did not sleep all that well last night. I took melatonin but I woke up at 3:00 AM, went to the bathroom and took my thyroid med and went back to bed. But I could not get back to sleep.I went over and over the hassle with the Bose remote I dealt with yesterday morning from 10:00 until 1:30. I could not turn off my mind.

Finally at 4:00 AM I just gave up and got up. It will be a long day. I have my coffeecake out of the oven and am waiting for it to cool to ice it..or glaze it...whatever. I took Missy out for awhile...about thirty minutes. I dead headed the flowers in the back and watered the ones in the pots in the front.  There were mosquitoes out there and I was glad she wanted to come in.

I will pick up Bob and Phyllis around 9:00. I am driving because I have the coffeecake to take. We will probably go back to "Just Us" over at Cherryvale for lunch. The "Railroad Inn" last Sunday was very expensive for Bob and me. I invited Rick and Carmen again. I hope they will come. I left a reminder note on their windshield. Leslie is speaking this morning.

When I get home, I will do the newsletters and later at 7:00 go to Karan's for the Living the Questions group meeting. I will pick up Gary. He wants to go this time. So far it looks like Karan, Gary and Bob and me, Judy and Howard, Marilyn, Richard and Mona and John and Wendy. I haven't heard from Joyce. So..at this point, just eleven of us. That's a good number for a small group study.

At the last moment, Richard and Mona had to cancel. But Joyce came.  So we had 10. When I got home and took my bath, Missy and I went to bed. I had baked cookies before the meeting and had had a very big day.  

No comments: