Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday and Hair Day

I awoke at 3:00 to go to the bathroom and that was all the sleep I could get. I ended up getting up at 4:00AM. I have fed myself and Missy and got myself ready for the day.

I don't know what my problem is but I am losing a lot of sleep and that is not healthy.  I may ask Bob to work with me and not come over except on Friday evening and Sunday evening. We  watch Brooks and Shields on Friday evening on PBS and 60 Minutes on CBS on Sunday evening. I would turn off the TV and read all evening and I would read a real book..not my Kindle. The TV, computers, cell phones and even the Kindle emit a blue light that interferes with our sleep. I would like to experiment to try to discover what is keeping me awake. I think the stimulation of talking in the evening also may interfere with it.  If I can discover what works, I will just quietly read in the evening before bedtime.

This morning I will pick Bob up at 8:20 to go with me while I get my hair done and then later we will eat at Big Cheese.

I will also need to go to the market this morning for potatoes for tomorrow's lunch and Half and Half for my coffee. That's about all I need except I will also need to go to Brahms for my yogurt.

Juanita called yesterday and wants me to to drop by next Tuesday to address a wedding card for one of her granddaughters and write her a check for a wedding gift. By then she may have her bank statement and I can balance her checkbook at the same time.

More later...

Bob called me shortly after 8:00 to say he had forgotten that this was the third Tuesday of the month and he had a senior center board meeting. So I went to Independence by myself.  I set the pork cutlets out to thaw. Afterward I stopped at the church  and set two mouse traps. Johnna, the teacher and also one of our three pastors,  had seen evidence of a mouse in her classroom. I had left two traps baited for four weeks and we had not seen any evidence of mice so I had put them away.

When I got home I cleaned up the flowerbeds and watered them. I threw away the tomato plant. Then  I went to the market and bought potatoes and a roast for tomorrow.

When I got home, I started lunch. Bob came over after that and we had lunch. Marilyn R. had called me to say she had some baked beans that she had made for her dinner last night and asked if I would like some. I was delighted and went right over to pick them up. I had not known what veggie I would serve.  That gave me a good one.  I also made some pudding for dessert.

I lay down with Missy after Bob left and took a nap. I slept a couple of hours...evidently making up for all the sleep I had lost lately.

Steve came after I got up from my nap and mowed our yard here.  I was so glad.  Here is Steve. He always comes to mow before the rain if at all possible. He is a really nice person.

 More later.... 

Bob didn't come over last night. There was a cookout at Sycamore Landing and he stayed for that. 

I watched TV with Missy after I took my bath. At 9:30, Missy and I went to bed. I couldn't get to sleep so I took a melatonin




No comments: