Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday and a Trip to Springfield

I slept well last night. Missy woke me up with her bath at 3:00. I did manage to get back to sleep until 5:00.

I got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself, Strange, she knows something is going on when I get my carry-on out and begin packing.  I still have to mail off the book I sold last night. I will also go on to exercise class this morning and to Utopia afterward for a cinnamon roll and a Utopiachino. Marilyn wants a ride home because she has put her car in the shop at Carters.

Leslie will pick me up between noon and 1:00. Then we will drive to Springfield for the Mission Center Conference. That begins tomorrow at 8:30. I am nearly packed for the overnight. Bob will come pick me up at 8:40 for exercise class this morning.

I may not get back to this today since the morning will be so busy.

More later..

This trip turned unexpected.  The trip over to Springfield went uneventfully. We stopped at Joplin just long enough to get a milkshake. Neither of us had had lunch. We got to Springfield in plenty of time, got to our hotel, a lovely Holiday Inn Express, and checked in. Then we went to meet the others for dinner at a nice restaurant.

After dinner, we went to the hotel to go to bed and met some of our dinner party who had not yet found a hotel room. They had checked all over the city and all the rooms were taken. They were stuck without a room for the night.  There were several sports events going on this weekend in the city and all the hotels were packed!

So, we conferred and decided to offer them our second bed and Leslie and I would just sleep together.  I took my bath and got ready for bed and Leslie soon followed suit. Elizabeth, the woman, was fooling with her smart phone, checking it, etc.  The light was disturbing our ability to get to sleep so I pulled the covers over my head and finally got to sleep. At 11:00, a frightful snoring woke me up and it woke Leslie too. Elizabeth had the loudest snoring I had ever hear. The sound filled the room. Neither of us could imagine how Ken could sleep through that noise every night....and it went on all night. Leslie and I got two hours sleep.

I finally got up and dressed quietly in the bathroom at 5:00 and went down to the lounge to just eat some light breakfast. Leslie soon followed. We had our light breakfast there and decided between ourselves not to mention our experience to anyone at the conference.  Finally we went back up to the room and they were dressed and ready to leave for the conference.

The conference went well. There was a lot of legislation to cover and both of us were very tired. Finally, at 3:30 we decided to leave so we would get back home before dark. It was all over but an ordination anyhow.

I got home at 6:00 or so and Bob A. was here watching the news. He had come to feed Missy her 5:00 treats and clean up after her at the litter box.

After he left, I unpacked and took my bath and cleaned up after Missy again and Missy and I went to bed.

What an experience! Both Leslie and I were amazed that neither of them mentioned the snoring. Surely Ken has learned to sleep through it or maybe sleeps in a separate bedroom at home. But they never acknowledged it at all. Elizabeth did offer to pay Leslie for half the room. That was good of her and Leslie accepted.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Hope you and Leslie have a great time!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Sister-Three. We did...after a fashion. You'll see in today's post.