Friday, November 3, 2017

Friday and Work Day at Camp

I slept fairly well last night. I got up shortly after 4:30 after I realized I wasn't going to be able to sleep any longer. I switched sides of the bed last night after I saw that my side had worn pretty flat. I really need a new mattress and box springs but I just can't afford one.

I will wear my older jeans today to work over at the campgrounds. They are getting the camp ready for winter and Leslie and Kelly and I are volunteering to go help. Leslie will pick me up at 8:00 AM.

I am still trying to decide if I want to cancel Cox as my internet provider. I could get a Mifi like Bob's at US Cellular for $25 a month and I am paying $34.95 a month for Cox's internet. Keith does not think the Mifi will be fast enough for my desktop computer. He is also considering installing an antenna on the roof of the apartment that will reach out 150 miles. I will have to run that by Betty first though. Even though the house across the street she owns has Dish on it, she may object to an antenna on the roof.

We will see. I will run it by her after she has a chance to wake up today.

More later...

We had quite a day at the reunion grounds. I was a gofer for Leslie a lot of the time but I spent a couple of hours after lunch cleaning up all the dishes and pans. Leslie put bleach water on the mold in the foyer ceiling and later painted it with Kilz and blue paint. Then they decided to clean off the popcorn ceiling in the kitchen preparation room and apply Kilz and a coat of white paint. Ron and Leslie scraped and Kelly wet down the ceiling. They got it all scraped off and then I got the shop vacuum and cleaned up the mess after Kevin took the drop cloths out to shake all that debris off. They put fans on the ceiling to dry it so tomorrow's crew could put the Kilz and white paint on it.

We worked until 3:30 or 4:00 and then started back home I got home about 5:00. Leslie took Kelly home and then went home herself. We had a good time together.Leslie and I regaled Kelly with stories about out life.

Bob came over to watch the news and left about 6:15 or so. I took my bath and put my PJs on after that and lay down with Missy to watch TV. I fell asleep there on the sofa and finally we went on to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Margie, I doubt that 10 bucks will help you that much and the mifi
will not be a fast or will not work as well. I would not do it for
just 10 dollars! and I think they give you virus help too!

Margie's Musings said...

I will probably keep my internet with Cox but cancel my TV with them. I have three computers to run on the internet and I will take yours and Keith's advice and keep Cox for that.