Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Wednesday and Exercises and Bunco

I slept poorly again last night. I awoke about 2:00 AM and worried about the late social security deposit next month in December. I couldn't get it off my mind. The social security doesn't come in until December 13th in December so any other bills will have to wait until after then to be paid. The electric bill is due on the 13th. I will be back from Florida on the 10th so that should be sufficient. I wish I could stop stewing about my budget. It keeps me awake in the very early hours of the morning.

It will be January 10th before the January social security comes in and February and March's will be the 14th. That is a long time to wait to pay my bills. Blue Cross Blue Shield, my supplement, goes up another $9.00 this next year. That will make it $291.10 a month. Cox raised their rate for TV too so I cut mine back to Basic Starter. Still it's $91.45 now including my $34.95 internet access. Oh well....nothing can be done about those things. My other weekly expense is just groceries and my hair.

I will go to exercise class this morning and then come home and bake cookies. Bob and Joanne are going to Sedan for lunch today and I will go to Bunco at the senior center at 1:00 until 3:00. I may have a sandwich for my lunch. I don't think I have a thing on hand to fix. I have needed to go to the market for days.

Tomorrow is Ministerial Alliance at Windsor Place. Bob will be on his own for his lunch. I believe he still has vegetable soup. I will clean the apartment first before going to the alliance meeting.

Friday we will eat the last of the chili I made this week.

More later..it's 4:25 AM.

Remember that funeral I attended on Saturday?

Here's a photo of the family.

My friend, Elnora, Brandon's mom, is in front with the number 12 on her shirt. This photo includes cousins and uncles and aunts. Many of the family wore LA Raiders shirts. Brandon was a huge Raiders fan!

More news of the day later...

I just got my cookies baked for the Bunco game this afternoon and it's just now 7:35.  I have some time before Bob comes by to pick me up for exercise class. There are advantages to getting up early...but not many!

I went to exercise class and Bob brought me home afterward. He will pick up Joanne at about ten till 11:00 and they will eat at Buck's Bar B Q in Sedan.  I will get a sandwich. I will go to game day (Bunco) at the senior center at 1:00. Later, after 3:00, I will come home and take a nap with Missy.  I lost some sleep last night.

Nature and Nova wil be on PBS this evening. Missy loves to watch Nature. She is always glued to the set.  :)

We watched TV until 9:00...  when we finally went to bed.


4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Margie--I always wanted to retire. In Arkansas, you can retire with full retirement (teachers) when you have taught 28 years. You can get 70 per cent of your retirement at 25 years. I always wanted to retire! Well, I never got to retire early or at 28 years. I trudged on. First, Laura was in college...then Erin...always it seemed it just did not work. So I continued 40 years. I have a larger ss check, a larger retirement check and I have a large IRA that the State put as much as I did into. They matched what I put, and I put my limit. My retirement at 28 years went into a fund that paid 6 per cent interest for 12 years!! So, if I had gotten my wish...I would have a small retirement check, no ira, and a small ss check because I would have only been 50 when I retired and my ss would have been based on that small check. So year after year, I continued to work! I finally hung it up at 40 years when I was 62. I guess--be careful what you wish for!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I did not realize that about Soc. Security !! I always thought that it just came in on the first of the month for folks

Margie's Musings said...

No, Deb..one of my friends gets hers the fourth Wednesday of each month. I have enough trouble trying to stretch mine that comes in on the second Wednesday of the month.

You were so smart Sister-Three! I should have been a better manager. My main trouble was that Bob was not a good manager either. And every time we bought a home, we tried to make it look like Better Homes and Gardens. Stupid!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I was told at the SS office it is based on one's birth date. If one's birth day is the 5th of the month they would get it in the first week, on the 10th of the month, in the second week. I guess all of the checks might be issued on Wednesdays, that what it seems like anyway. My check is.