Sunday, November 12, 2017

Sunday and Church

I went to bed last night at 8:00 because I was simply exhausted.

I woke up at 11:00 and went to the bathroom and took my thyroid pill and then came back to bed. I simply cold not get back to sleep and  so I got back up and took some Zzzquil. That got me back to sleep until 5:00. Then I got myself ready for the day and fed Missy and myself.

I notice Missy has learned to jump up onto my office chair and then onto the daybed. She has begun to get pretty fragile. She sleeps even more then she used to when she was younger. She also misses the litter box and wets on the bathroom bathmat I put under her litter box. I had washed both the mats and just set the litter box on the bare floor and she wet on the floor. So I had to wash the floor this time. Both the mats were in the dryer. She had wet on both of them yesterday and overnight.

I have left a note on the windshield of the Simmons' car again inviting them to church this morning.  Rick says he collects those and keeps them. :) They have only missed church twice since they began coming over two months ago. Once Rick was sick and the second time, they threw a birthday party for one of Rick's truckers.  They are really nice kids.

More later...

I have done some laundry this morning and also dusted the apartment and hung some photos on the bedroom wall. I have a wall of photos of my kinds and their children.

Bob will be by to pick me up in about 40 minutes for church. Phyllis and I and Bob take turns driving. It's about ten miles out to church and then another 16 miles to "Just Us" restaurant at Cherryvale.

When I get home from church I will do the newsletters  and then I am not sure what I will do.

More even later...

Rick and Carmen came to church again and when they learned that we had done the Samaritan Child project last Wednesday evening, they wanted to add to it. We already had 60 boxes but they packed four more and I will drop them by the First Baptist  Church in Independence tomorrow after I get my hair done. For a small congregation, I think we did very well.

When we went to lunch, we decided to go to Great China instead of "Just Us". It was, as usual, very good.  I brought some home and will eat it later.

We will have our leftover roast beef tomorrow for lunch. I have potatoes and carrots in there too. Bob will bring a salad.

I did my newsletter and sent it off and sent one to Billie Jo by snail mail.

I read all afternoon and finished my book. Later, about 5:00, Bob came over to watch the news and 60 Minutes. Howard called and invited me to return to the Living the Questions group but I declined. I have gone 14 years and we were just repeating old material. I need to move on.

After Bob left, I laid down with Missy on the sofa and promptly fell asleep. Then when I woke up she and I both went to bed. 

Missy and I went to bed at 9:00.


No comments: