Monday, February 5, 2018

Monday and Snow

I did not sleep all that well last night. I awoke at 2:30 and went to the bathroom. When I was about to get back into the bed, Missy had moved onto my spot and was angry that I had woke her up. She hissed at me and tried to bite me. I went over to the other side of the bed and got in there. But then, I began to think about my doctor's appointment and wondered what I would do about it. Finally at 3:45, I just got up.

I made the bed and dressed for the day and fed myself and Missy. She has gone back to bed now...lucky cat!

I doubt I will try to go to exercise class.  It looks too messy out there.

It's only 5:30 now and there's nothing on TV I am interested in. I asked Alexa to play some Barbara Streisand music. That is relaxing. I can use anything to relax me. I wonder if the snow will still be on the ground when I take the cakes to Independence tomorrow.

More later...

Leslie just texted me that she texted Sheri who lives in Kansas City and the roads are clear there. The snow must be just in southeast Kansas. So we are leaving as soon as Leslie can get ready and get over here. I am ready.

More much later...

We left shortly after 7:00 since we weren't sure what exactly to expect. Of course we got there very early so we stopped by Outdoor World and did some shopping. Leslie bought me a new navy colored sweater. and I bought Cheyenne a birthday gift. Her birthday is next week, She will be 6 years old. After we finished there, we went to lunch. Leslie had not had breakfast and was very hungry. We ate at Perkins and had soup and half a sandwich. We got free pie which we brought home to eat later. Leslie also bought three of their muffins and they gave us three free ones...a great deal.

Then we went on to the Doctor's office at KU Med Center. On the way up we discussed my options and I decided to try to do the pessary. ...the conservative treatment.  That didn't work at all so then I elected to have the surgery. I will have a spinal block. It will be done on March 27th. I don't know the time yet. Hopefully, this will fix the problem.

We stopped by their lab and I had the blood work done.

Then we started home. It began snowing lightly on the way home but we soon drove out of it. We got back to Coffeyville shortly after 6:30 and Leslie went on home.  I am sure she was exhausted and I sure was. She had done all the driving.

I took care of putting everything away and saw to Missy and tried to watch a movie but instead, I took my bath and put my PJs on and Missy and I went to bed at 8:00.

It was a huge day!

No comments: