Saturday, February 10, 2018

Saturday and a Valentine Party

I slept very well again last night. For most of the night Missy cuddled up against me. Why she has suddenly become so snugly at this age is beyond me. In March she will be 15.

I got up shortly before 6:00.  I fed Missy and myself and dressed for the party. I will have to wait to see just how bad it is out there.  We have reservations at the restaurant. I am to pick up Phyllis at 11:00. I hope she will still go.

We are under a winter weather advisory until 9:00 this morning. But that turned out to be an exaggeration..... again. They have a hard time forecasting our weather.

Bob and I decided not to have breakfast out  this morning. We are saving out appetites for the lunch.  He is taking Joanne, his girlfriend. I am taking Phyllis.

More later....

I bought and downloaded the movie "The Darkest Hour" that Karan and Marilyn and I saw a couple of weeks ago and watched it again before I left for the dinner. It was very good even the second time I saw it. The theater had the volume very loud and sometimes I could not hear the words clearly. But on my TV and with the Bose system Scott gave me a couple of years ago, it was very clear. I enjoyed it just as much the second time....maybe even more.

Speaking of Scott, he called and talked to me this morning.  I have such good attentive children. I am very lucky and blessed.

Phyllis and I and everyone else had a fine dinner at Soho. Sue gave each of us a small Valentine gift. That was so sweet of her. Phyllis and I had a good visit too...although I have to admit  I did most of the talking...as usual.

She insisted on giving me some money for my gas. I did not want to take it but she insisted.

Missy was glad to see me again. Once again, she had peed on the clean bathmat so that made two of them and I washed and am in the process if drying them again too. I gave her her treats and made myself a bowl of ice cream. I finished all that off and will not buy more for awhile.

1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I wonder why the sound at the movies is always so loud. The last few times I've gone to a movie theater I have had to put kleenex in my ears because the volume was so loud it was miserable. Isn't that something it's so loud that we can't hear it clearly (especially with kleenex in the ears in my case).