Sunday, March 18, 2018

Sunday and the Sermon

I didn't sleep well last night. I was up at 1:00AM, and 3:00AM and finally just gave up and got up. It's almost 3:30 now. I have been stewing over my upcoming surgery on Tuesday. Don't ask me why....stewing doesn't help anything. Furthermore, I have the sermon this morning. It's been finished for several weeks and polished up some just a couple of days ago so that should not be a part of the problem.

I guess am just dreading the surgery. I was so disappointed last June when the last surgery failed. Now I have to go through this again. Oh well....

More later...I am going to go lay down on the sofa.....

I laid down again on the sofa for awhile. Then I got up and went over my sermon.  About 9:00, Phyllis came by to pick me up for Church School.

The sermon went fine. Afterward Phyllis drove us over to "Just Us" and we had lunch. When she brought me home, I laid down on the sofa about 2:00 with Missy and covered with an afghan and took a two hour nap...unheard of for me. I hope I will still be able to sleep tonight.

Then I got up and packed most of what I will need tomorrow and Tuesday.  I even managed to get my ring off. It has been on my hand for years and was too tight to remove but after I lost that five pounds and with the help of a little water, I managed to get it off.

Now I am mostly packed and will finish in the morning after I get up and have my breakfast. I also have to run up to Independence for my 8:30 hair appointment. I should be back about 9:15 and ready to leave for Kansas City with Leslie.

More later...

I laid  down at 2:00 with Missy and slept until 4:00 and I feel much better.

Later Missy and I watched a movie about Ann Landers and her twin sister, Abigale Van Buran.  They wrote the newspaper columns "Dear Abby" and "Dear Ann Landers". They had a rivalry for years.

Then we went to bed at 9:30.

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Be thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Life Continues To Teach Us, That We Make Things Out In Our Mind Much Worse, and Usually Turn Out To Be Much Less Than What We Made and Stressed Over. You Will Be Fine I Am Sure.

Margie's Musings said...

I certainly hope so, Scott. That's what I thought last year and that was not the case then.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Sister-Three. I appreciate any thoughts!