Thursday, March 22, 2018

Thursday Following Surgery

Well I am back at at it again.

The surgery went well and I woke up in the hospital afterward in absolutely NO pain. It had been a three hour surgery. In fact, as soon as they got the catheter and IVs out on Wednesday morning, I was ready to go home but Dr. P wanted me to stay Tuesday overnight...just to be sure the system would still work right. I watched a lot of news on TV and a little programming most of the day. They were in and out all day checking vitals but really, I could not tell I had even had surgery. I slept as well as anyone sleeps in a hospital what with them coming in every couple of hours to do vitals. And I never needed any pain medication at all.

All day Wednesday I was in and out of the hospital bathroom. They wanted to be sure I was completely voiding...and I was. Then the doctors went into a 5 hour surgery about 10:00 without doing my discharge papers first so we had a long wait. It was a long five hour surgery.

Finally I got my papers and signed them and we left the hospital. I walked out without a wheel chair. What did I need with a wheel chair? I had been walking the halls all afternoon. Leslie finally got me home at 6:30 last evening.

I have to take showers for three weeks until everything heals up.  I am ordinarily a bath person but they want to keep the field dry and clean so it's showers for awhile. I really can't complain....a three hour surgery and no need at all for a pain medication. We have to go back in a month for a check up. My appointment is for 11:00 on April 23rd.

Bob popped over early this morning to check on me. He took care of Missy while I was gone. I really appreciated that! Speaking of Missy, she was very glad to see me again. After I had my shower, we laid on the sofa together and watched "Mothers" on Amazon TV.

I have driven out to Walmart this morning and bought a few things I need. Other then that, I have just stuck around home. Of course, since I just had the surgery a couple of days ago, I am not going to clean the apartment this morning. Karan offered to come help me and even run errands for me. But I have run my own errand. That was very good of her though.

More later...

I took my swifter this afternoon and wiped down my floors in the kitchen and bathroom.

I didn't do much else.

Later, Missy and I watched TV. I watched the old movie "The China Syndrome".  It was just as good all these years later.

At 9:30, Missy and I went to bed. 


5 comments:

marlu said...

It sounds like you are doing wonderfully well!! Take it easy, though, and don't "over do."

Galla Creek said...

Wow, this is sounding great!

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

It's good to read that everything went well with your surgery and you are doing great now.

clairz said...

This is all wonderful to hear!

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, Girls! I appreciate your comments!