Sunday, April 8, 2018

Sunday and a Local Church Service.

I slept well last night and got up about 5:00 AM. I had my oatmeal and coffee and Chai Latte and fed Missy and baked my coffeecake.  I iced it when it was cool.

I have read the paper and done the crossword puzzle and then I took the paper over to Marilyn's mailbox.

Bob just called to say he would drive himself to church since he was going to have lunch with his girlfriend, Joanne, and her daughter, Nancy. So I will only pick up Phyllis at 9:00 AM this morning. We will eat at "Just Us" in Cherryvale after church.

Between  Leslie and Melissa they got a worship service together for today. I had my May sermon all ready and could have adapted it. but they had another plan. That's fine. They are the pastors in charge. I will save that sermon for May.

I have an hour and a half until time to pick up Phyllis. So more later....

This is the Corgi pup that John and Leslie kept for breeding purposes. Her name is Raven.

Image may contain: dog, grass, outdoor and nature

 Cute, isn't she? She's one of the rare multicolored ones.

More later...

We had a relatively small congregation at church today. Many had planned to go to Independence, Missouri, for that special worship service there but the weather had turned treacherous and we were not able to hold it there after all. Our Mission Center cancelled it. Getting there would not have been so bad but getting back home would have been the hard part. The ice and snow started about 10:30 and it continued all day. The drive home would have been the problem,

I came home after Karan and Phyllis and I ate at "Just Us" in Cherryvale. Bob drove his own car and came back to Coffeyville to eat with Joanne and her daughter, Nancy. "Just Us" had a small group too. Evidently people in the area thought Cherryvale was going to get that bad weather too and just stayed in.

I got the congregation's newsletter out and also put a card on my neighbor's apartment door handle. Their son is struggling right now and is unhappy with God for not "fixing" his problems. I've been there myself several times over the years before I finally learned that God does not "fix" our lives. God only tries to give his best advice to us and encourages us to fix our own lives.God only tries to  persuade...and does not coerce us.  We have to learn to listen to his still small voice and heed it.

I tried to find something on the selection of movies on Amazon but couldn't find much of anything I was interested in. Finally I took my shower and put my PJs on and watched a documentary on cleanliness. At 9:00 Missy and I went to bed.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

A lot of folks want a "fair weather" Lord. Personally, I need my Lord most when things aren't going well.
His will be done...not mine!

Galla Creek said...

Forgot to say...Raven is so pretty.

Margie's Musings said...

Oh yes...she is. I hope she makes lovely puppies when she is old enough.